TTM revival?

Game Editor comments and discussion.

Re: TTM revival?

Postby NightOfHorror » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:56 pm

so let me get this straight and see if I understand. There was two codes to make it go down by one and is why it went down by two since I thought one code was a minimum limit.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:14 am

anyone know how I can disable and enable timer in a way I want. I tried some codes and spent hours on this, but I have some problems. I need it to where the timer will activate only if missile_limit is equal to 0 and disable when missile_limit is greater than 0. It happens to be though that every three seconds even if above 0, missile_limit will reset to 10, and then it disables code and if missile_limit=0, it wont enable timer to reset missile_limit to 10.
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Postby skydereign » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:24 am

Let me reword that for you.
NightOfHorror wrote:I need it to where if missile_limit is equal to 0 activate the timer and disable when missile_limit is greater than 0.

By activating a timer you mean create a timer, so the CreateTimer function. Disabling isn't really necessary if the timer only happens once. Hopefully you can get it from there.

You currently think that there has to be an enable and disable, but why can't you just only do the action when it happens? For instance, look at this code.
Code: Select all
if(state==0)
{
    x+=5;
}

That code doesn't need to enable movement and disable movement. All it really does is enable the movement if state is equal to zero. Whenever the condition is not met (state isn't equal to zero) the actor won't move. I had no need for any code to disable the movement.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:23 am

notes: halting progress on missile limit for now. May put that in TTM part2. Working on all of the enemy stuff.

What is max transparency(number)?
NightOfHorror

Postby skydereign » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:21 am

Meaning you couldn't figure that one if statement out? Or are you having other problems? transp has a range from 0.0-1.0 where 1.0 is completely transparent.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:29 am

no, just the challenge of the enemies already in the game. I decided that TTM part2 will have a much more neat coding system that is way better. Thanks by the way.
NightOfHorror

Postby NightOfHorror » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:10 am

For my birthday, my dad brought his computer to our house finally, and put it in my room for MineCraft. Although the screen of my old laptop was broken, it still worked, and I was able to bring the files of TTM to here. All I have to do now is find out why GE can't load the font and then the game will be revived again. :D
NightOfHorror

Postby sonicforvergame » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:05 am

from the time i came back to the forum no one actually asked me for graphics making,so i would be available i understood that there will be spachipse ,and i love space and planet and stuff so i might help if you want
Kaizoku ni ore wa naru
sonicforvergame

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:34 pm

Well, I think all the graphics are done, besides faces of the people in the ship for the story-line, but I know lcl was revamping the graphics, and there was some he didn't do yet if I am correct if you want to help with that. Then there is always the boss fight background and maybe story-line backgrounds. By the way, do you happen to know why GE won't open up the game because it can't load font files. Probably a dumb question, as most of mine are, but who cares, I just want to look at TTM yet again. :)
NightOfHorror

Postby MrJolteon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:27 pm

NightOfHorror wrote:By the way, do you happen to know why GE won't open up the game because it can't load font files.

Put the .ttf file(s) in your game's data folder. This should fix it.
Probably a dumb question, as most of mine are, but who cares

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people... Or is it the other way around?
Ah, it doesn't matter.
What does matter is that your question isn't stupid.
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2
These are the best ways to reach me these days

Your local Community Janitor, always lurking in the shadows...
MrJolteon

Score: 105 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:02 pm

That is strange, I thought for sure they were there. Thanks. :)
NightOfHorror

Postby NightOfHorror » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:15 pm

I was correct. All fonts in there. It doesn't even list what font it can't load. The message is GE can't load font file. The corbel and iskpotab files are in there and those are only two in there and if I am missing one, GE is not telling me.
NightOfHorror

Postby MrJolteon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:42 pm

NightOfHorror wrote:I was correct. All fonts in there. It doesn't even list what font it can't load. The message is GE can't load font file. The corbel and iskpotab files are in there and those are only two in there and if I am missing one, GE is not telling me.

That's weird.
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2
These are the best ways to reach me these days

Your local Community Janitor, always lurking in the shadows...
MrJolteon

Score: 105 Give a positive score

Postby sonicforvergame » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:55 pm

GRAPHIC Part:
well i have always been better at background so i will get started as soon as i know how you want them

As For Your Not Stupid Quwestion:
Well i think it depends,i use Ge for windows and all i do is to use only the font types GE give Me,since I don't like to add files for GE,
Well if Ge can't read your fonts all you can do is to make an image file of them,it's pretty easy and if you don't want to do it i will :D
as for another idea to fix the problem well i never experienced that kind of problem,so i can't tell you how to make GE read those Font

O one more thing:
You should check and see if all the font in the GE data are tif
Kaizoku ni ore wa naru
sonicforvergame

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:06 am

I was, well more like lcl was, able to finally get GE to load the file. Well, I better show you the backgrounds made so far, so you know what to go off of. After playing the levels, I realize that I added cheap difficulty. Don't worry though, once I am done with this, I will fix all of this in TTM part 2 with Overheat features, and maybe even ammo capacity. As for now though, TTM part 1 will stay as it is, so you know, oh well, it is only 3 levels long anyway. I will upload data files later.
NightOfHorror

PreviousNext

Return to GE - General