for exemple

draw actor-> script editor

KeyDown("a");
xvelocity=10;

KeyUp("a");
evelocity =0;

Colision("SomeOtherActor");
DestroyActor("EventActor");
Last edited by hobgoblin on Wed May 12, 2004 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i'm noob =P

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby Just4Fun » Tue May 11, 2004 10:48 pm

hobgoblin,

You *could* create your game in Game Editor using the 'C' Programming language. You *could* do it from GEs 'Script Editor'.

For example: You can use the Script Editor's -->'variables/functions' list to do a number of GE functions like CreateActor, DestroyActor, etc. I think it would be a *lot* of work to do a game entirely in the Script Editor though, and I'm not sure that the game would look as nice as using the system that Makslane has created to make it easier for you... 8)
I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

** Makslane == Genious **
Just4Fun

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Postby hobgoblin » Wed May 12, 2004 6:54 pm

Just4Fun wrote:hobgoblin,

You *could* create your game in Game Editor using the 'C' Programming language. You *could* do it from GEs 'Script Editor'.

For example: You can use the Script Editor's -->'variables/functions' list to do a number of GE functions like CreateActor, DestroyActor, etc. I think it would be a *lot* of work to do a game entirely in the Script Editor though, and I'm not sure that the game would look as nice as using the system that Makslane has created to make it easier for you... 8)

i'm asking because i hate click with the mouse millions of times

if we tipe everything in the same script it would be much faster

i'm noob =P

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby Just4Fun » Wed May 12, 2004 7:36 pm

Hob,
Once you know everything about how GE works and you feel comfortable with the use of all of the Events and Functions as well as the Script Editor and how to use all of the GE functions from the Script Editor, you might want to pick out a C Programming book and start to learn the C Programming language. Then you could probably do most things in the script editor since Makslane has essentially made it a C language Editor.

Even without using the entire C language, you can do a lot of things in the Script Editor. Start tinkering with it and you will see what I mean.

Remember when you didn't know how to create and Actor? Now you don't have any problem with that and much more. Using the Script Editor is like that. I haven't begun to get the full use out of it yet, but you are a fast learner and I expect you will be on top of it in no time. :lol:
I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

** Makslane == Genious **
Just4Fun

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Wed May 12, 2004 8:34 pm

hobgoblin wrote:if we tipe everything in the same script it would be much faster

You must create aone script for each event
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Return to General