Clone Help Variables

Non-platform specific questions.

Re: Clone Help Variables

Postby feral » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:16 pm

Do I need to use (Selected) for distinguishing which clone gets dealt damage? Or a similar concept.

I have to work today and tomorrow so may not get back to this soon, but do you understand arrays ?

I think at some point in time, a game of this complexity will need to use arrays to store all the relevant info. it would also simplify the number of flags that need to be set in the game as it is..

If you do understand them, and don't mind me recoding a small example to show how it would work, then I believe it will make things a lot easier.. let me know..

If not.. thats OK, I will work on this problem using your code version for you soon, don't give up :lol: this game is looking promising, ( I don't think I have seen one like it yet on the GE boards..)

and if i can't help, I am sure there are many others who will help out anyway.

talk to you soon.
feral

Score: 47 Give a positive score

Postby skydereign » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:42 pm

I have a very small idea of how arrays work and I have been trying to find a good example of it. Most of the things I have seen I can't understand how they are actually applied. If you could help we with it, that would be great. I am learning C but I still don't know much. If I can see a good example of arrays uses and relevance I might be able to figure it out.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby feral » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:34 am

skydereign wrote:I have a very small idea of how arrays work and I have been trying to find a good example of it. Most of the things I have seen I can't understand how they are actually applied. If you could help we with it, that would be great. I am learning C but I still don't know much. If I can see a good example of arrays uses and relevance I might be able to figure it out.

I posted a bit of a tutorial on arrays here
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6050
( I thought it might be useful for others..)

If it doesn't help... please PM me ( to keep this thread from getting to complex) and I will try to do some actual demos on using arrays.. i would like to make that tutorial as simple as possible.. so if i explained it wrorg let me know.

I will get back to on the other problem very soon.
feral

Score: 47 Give a positive score

Postby skydereign » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:11 am

Feral, though you probably don't remember this or no longer care about it, I found a way around the cloned health actor problem. I have just recently come back to this problem, and now that I know more about arrays it is much easier. The fix was to cut up the actors animation, and instead of dictating which animpos, to instead change the animation (the problem probably was due to the unspecifiable target to the animpos).
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Previous

Return to General