WINTER BLAST REMAX - Beta Updated 15 June 2012

Talk about making games.

Re: WINTER BLAST REMAX - Progress Updated 17 October 2011

Postby j2graves » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:46 pm

Thanks for the point, Bee!
I guess the star is pretty clear actually. You don't really need the arrow when you have the star, but it would be useful for people who are easily confused. It's not a major deal, so don't worry about it if it's too hard to implement.
I have an idea on how to simplify the combo list. I noticed that when you got to Party and select a character, it gives you a list of the moves the character has, and if you press "J", it'll give you info. You could just add the key combination to the info. For example:
---PUNCH BLAST---

Gather energy and blast it into the foe.
<Give key combo here>

I've also found a couple more bugs. Mostly having to do with the time of day mechanics. One time, while I was playing in the evening, and I was at Port Ice, most of the screen was dark like it was night, but when I moved, the edge of the screen was orange like it was sunset. Also, it seems like Port Ice turns to night sooner than the levels do. Like it was nighttime at Port Ice, but it was sunset at Banpie Forest.
Also, one time when a boss killed me, the screen moved down, so I could see the space below the tiles, and a second Ize appeared.
And one time, when I chose to "Go Outside" at the base, for some reason rather than going to Port Ice, I ended up at Banpie Forest, and there weren't any enemies.
And one major bug: sometimes If I happen to press the spacebar, the game crashes!
Well I hope this info is helpful. If I find any more grammar errors, I'll tell you about them. Again, keep up the good work. :wink:
No games to my name...
User avatar
j2graves
 
Posts: 1302
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:42 pm
Location: on the other side of infinity
Score: 19 Give a positive score

Re: WINTER BLAST REMAX - Progress Updated 17 October 2011

Postby Bee-Ant » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:23 am

j2graves wrote:I have an idea on how to simplify the combo list. I noticed that when you got to Party and select a character, it gives you a list of the moves the character has, and if you press "J", it'll give you info. You could just add the key combination to the info. For example:
Move Info wrote:---PUNCH BLAST---

Gather energy and blast it into the foe.
<Give key combo here>

Well, I still have no plan on giving the move a combo...since you can do the move directly through L key (in case you have enough energy).
Maybe will implement the combo in Weapon mode.

j2graves wrote:One time, while I was playing in the evening, and I was at Port Ice, most of the screen was dark like it was night, but when I moved, the edge of the screen was orange like it was sunset.

That's an adaptive color system. Strangely I can't change all the background color all at once when loading the map and I don't know why.

j2graves wrote:Also, it seems like Port Ice turns to night sooner than the levels do. Like it was nighttime at Port Ice, but it was sunset at Bampie Forest.

Maybe at that time Port Ice was cloudy?
Either case, I have fixed it :)

j2graves wrote:Also, one time when a boss killed me, the screen moved down, so I could see the space below the tiles, and a second Ize appeared.

Indeed, it happened everytime you died after recruiting a new member. Already in my fix list, so I will fix this soon.

j2graves wrote:And one time, when I chose to "Go Outside" at the base, for some reason rather than going to Port Ice, I ended up at Bampie Forest, and there weren't any enemies.

What room were you in?

j2graves wrote:And one major bug: sometimes If I happen to press the spacebar, the game crashes!

Already stated it in the first page of this post.
I guess you missed it :P

j2graves wrote:Well I hope this info is helpful. If I find any more grammar errors, I'll tell you about them. Again, keep up the good work.

Very helpful, and thanks for keep supporting :D
User avatar
Bee-Ant
 
Posts: 3695
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:05 pm
Location: Can bee found antywhere
Score: 208 Give a positive score

Re: WINTER BLAST REMAX - Progress Updated 17 October 2011

Postby master0500 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:44 am

honestly, i think some of the bosses are to easy
i beat King Reon with a lv19 bluck without taking any damage and a few others the same way
maybe have attacks like rocks raining from the sky and a few others that are harder to avoid
when i beat Bigson for the first time he joined me at lv40 and i had to beat him again to continue

oh, and one more thing, how did you make the log file?? :?: :?:
master0500
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:42 pm
Score: 27 Give a positive score

Re: WINTER BLAST REMAX - Progress Updated 17 October 2011

Postby Bee-Ant » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:10 am

master0500 wrote:honestly, i think some of the bosses are to easy
i beat King Reon with a lv19 bluck without taking any damage and a few others the same way
maybe have attacks like rocks raining from the sky and a few others that are harder to avoid

Well, actually it's pretty tricky.
It's about type and element match-up.
It will be harder to beat him using land animal with Fire element :)

master0500 wrote:when i beat Bigson for the first time he joined me at lv40 and i had to beat him again to continue

Oops, forgot to disable the boss recruitment! :o
Thank you for confirming this!

master0500 wrote:oh, and one more thing, how did you make the log file??

Khu khu khu khu khu khu :twisted:
User avatar
Bee-Ant
 
Posts: 3695
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:05 pm
Location: Can bee found antywhere
Score: 208 Give a positive score

Re: WINTER BLAST REMAX - Progress Updated 17 October 2011

Postby master0500 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:27 am

how long till the next demo?
master0500
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:42 pm
Score: 27 Give a positive score

Re: WINTER BLAST REMAX - Progress Updated 17 October 2011

Postby SuperSonic » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:15 pm

@Bee: The space bar bug doesn't work with me. It only resets the level. Just thought I'd mention that :D
A tree never hits an automobile except in self-defence.

Want to use your joystick or controller with Game Editor? Check out my controller engine =D
User avatar
SuperSonic
 
Posts: 1444
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:24 pm
Location: Anywhere
Score: 72 Give a positive score

Re: WINTER BLAST REMAX - Progress Updated 17 October 2011

Postby Wertyboy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:32 am

NightOfHorror wrote:You know Bee. Your from Indonesia. I am from US and I bet your better at English grammar than me.

:P
master0500 wrote:how long till the next demo?

Hey M0500, you want more demo? i want full vers one
master0500 wrote:oh, and one more thing, how did you make the log file??

Yeh everyone put that question on his head, but result is no answer

And i think this is a bug or.....: my save game, whole of the adventure is fall fall fall fall (antumn), is that wierd
i start a new game: it Winter Winter Winter (snowy),but well.... it just like real then
left... well... kinda
User avatar
Wertyboy
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:38 pm
Location: HCM City, Vietnam
Score: 42 Give a positive score

Re: WINTER BLAST REMAX - Progress Updated 17 October 2011

Postby Bee-Ant » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:13 pm

master0500 wrote:how long till the next demo?

No one knows...

SuperSonic wrote:@Bee: The space bar bug doesn't work with me. It only resets the level. Just thought I'd mention that

Yeah, it doesn't make trouble in Linux. But does in most Windows.

Wertyboy wrote:And i think this is a bug or.....: my save game, whole of the adventure is fall fall fall fall (antumn), is that wierd
i start a new game: it Winter Winter Winter (snowy),but well.... it just like real then

The season is rolled every 2 days using formula:
Code: Select all
stTime t=getTime();
Season=t.wday*0.5; //xx*0.5 is faster than xx/2

So, the result is:
- Sunday and Monday: Summer
- Tuesday and Wednesday: Autumn
- Thursday and Friday: Winter
- Saturday: Spring (this is an exception since there are 7 days in a week)
Actually I want to roll the season weekly, but I guess it's too long and boring seeing the same environment color for such a long time :)
User avatar
Bee-Ant
 
Posts: 3695
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:05 pm
Location: Can bee found antywhere
Score: 208 Give a positive score

Re: WINTER BLAST REMAX - Progress Updated 17 October 2011

Postby Hblade » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:27 pm

Bee, thats incredible!
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
User avatar
Hblade
 
Posts: 4366
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:14 pm
Score: 168 Give a positive score

Re: WINTER BLAST REMAX - Progress Updated 17 October 2011

Postby NightOfHorror » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:40 pm

I believe you should do it weekly seeing as it would be more closer(still far off)from real season time. I hope I am not only one who would rather have seasons longer.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
User avatar
NightOfHorror
 
Posts: 1749
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:50 am
Location: Cedar Hill, MO, of the USA
Score: 50 Give a positive score

Re: WINTER BLAST REMAX - Progress Updated 17 October 2011

Postby Hblade » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:41 pm

Agreed
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
User avatar
Hblade
 
Posts: 4366
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:14 pm
Score: 168 Give a positive score

Re: WINTER BLAST REMAX - Progress Updated 17 October 2011

Postby Game A Gogo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:28 pm

Honestly, I'd prefer seasons to go as fast as real seasons :)

That way you could include secrets with them
Programming games is an art,
    Respect it.
User avatar
Game A Gogo
 
Posts: 3464
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:49 pm
Location: French Canada *laughs*
Score: 181 Give a positive score

Re: WINTER BLAST REMAX - Progress Updated 17 October 2011

Postby NightOfHorror » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:22 am

Game, I totally agree. The more realistic, the better.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
User avatar
NightOfHorror
 
Posts: 1749
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:50 am
Location: Cedar Hill, MO, of the USA
Score: 50 Give a positive score

Re: WINTER BLAST REMAX - Progress Updated 17 October 2011

Postby Wertyboy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:35 am

Bee-Ant wrote:So, the result is:
- Sunday and Monday: Summer
- Tuesday and Wednesday: Autumn
- Thursday and Friday: Winter
- Saturday: Spring (this is an exception since there are 7 days in a week)
Actually I want to roll the season weekly, but I guess it's too long and boring seeing the same environment color for such a long time :)

That not for me
Mine is: in the same day, my save is whole of Autumn (i'm not playing at midnight (12/0h)) when i start new game, it was Winter
left... well... kinda
User avatar
Wertyboy
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:38 pm
Location: HCM City, Vietnam
Score: 42 Give a positive score

Re: WINTER BLAST REMAX - Progress Updated 17 October 2011

Postby Game A Gogo » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:57 pm

NightOfHorror wrote:Game, I totally agree. The more realistic, the better.


On top of that, it would give a reason for the user to at least play the game for a year.

Maybe have enemies spawn only in certain seasons and some special items only found in certain time of the year
Programming games is an art,
    Respect it.
User avatar
Game A Gogo
 
Posts: 3464
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:49 pm
Location: French Canada *laughs*
Score: 181 Give a positive score

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests