My App is in the Apple App Store Finally

Game Editor comments and discussion.

Re: My App is in the Apple App Store Finally

Postby REDNSX » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 am

Clokio wrote::( I donloaded the light. I have a ipod 4, and the fish level freezed on me twice in less than 1 minutes of game.

Is it a iPod touch 4th gen? because on the 2 I have it runs fine and my friends who download it say its running fine also. This is weird. :?
REDNSX

Score: 7 Give a positive score

Postby REDNSX » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:30 am

Any one else having this problem?
REDNSX

Postby skydereign » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:42 am

I have the same device and it works fine on mine.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby Clokio » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:08 am

I shut down my itouch, restart and it worked. Don't worry. :D
Clokio

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby REDNSX » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:06 am

Great I was getting worried. :D
REDNSX

Postby SuperSonic » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Man, I wish I had an iPhone. If I did, I'd download this game :D
A tree never hits an automobile except in self-defence.

Want to use your joystick or controller with Game Editor? Check out my controller engine =D
SuperSonic

Score: 72 Give a positive score

Postby REDNSX » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:16 am

Need help. I need to make the fish section of my game a little more fast pace. Any ideas? I need to add something just don't know what since I don't want to use violence.
REDNSX

Postby skydereign » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:24 am

Well I'd also recommend making the game run smoother. Here are a few things that might help.

Decrease the size of the fish and ball, or better yet just zoom the game out. The level graphics are really nice, and the experience would benefit if you allowed the player to see more of it. Since the ball can get moving at pretty high speeds, the small amount of screen space makes it harder for the player to get into playing the game (since they could easily run into some trash). Think of playing mario, but having half as much view to the right and left, it's cramped and prevents the player from really getting into it. One of the reasons mario is so great of a game is it allows the feeling that the player is on a role, by giving them more time to react to the new parts of the level. The same principle can be applied here as well.

To the same end, you should also at least provide a different control scheme. I find when playing this that my finger/hand covers up a lot of the screen. This prevents me from seeing around the player, and at times prevents me from seeing in front of me. I would suggest the joystick effect to be lower on the screen. Since the fish never turns around, it would make sense that behind the player is less important than in front of the player. And since the joystick movement is necessary, you should try to move it into a spot that blocks the least amount of the screen. You could also move the fish to be lower on the screen, which helps with both these points.

This one would probably have less of an impact, but make the player move with some acceleration. Currently you move at a constant speed when you are clicking the screen. This kind of movement stands out and makes it seem less professional, whether or not that is true. Having said acceleration would provide more realistic movement, and a slightly higher level of control to the player.

Now in terms of adding content to increase the gameplay, I feel you can do more with the crabs. Currently all they really feel like to me is an annoying barrier. I know they are supposed to hinder me, but since you can't interact with them at all it comes across as a bit weak. It's a similar issue with the trash, and both of these would be improved if you spaced things out a bit (a la my first suggestion). Perhaps just allowing you to nudge them one way or another. Or if you could actually drag them away from the player, though I can't think of why the fish would be able to do this.

Another feature you could add is a current system. Have parts in the water that accelerate things along in a direction. They can help or hinder you, depending on direction and placement. You could also set it up for them to shoot some algae which would create more of a sense of movement in your game. You could even have circular currents, or just allow some of the algae to move around in the water. To reconnect to mario, sort of like moving coins.

I could probably come up with some more if you'd like.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby REDNSX » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 am

That is great feed back and more would be appreciated. I just need to implement all this. I will try to do some tonite.
REDNSX

Postby REDNSX » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:55 pm

Just summited a update to my app for the full version and lite version. I put in the full version all the things that were suggested like easy and expert mode, better control, better vision and character selection just to name a few. I also updated the graphics to look even better. Now that the g3 is not limited to 20 mb and is now 50 mb I will be able to do more of what I want. I did not want to go over 20 mb just to help on my downloads but now it's a different story. :D
REDNSX

Postby REDNSX » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:43 pm

Just updated my app. Come by and check out the updated version and tell me what you think. The lite version does not have all the levels that the Full version has but if you only have the lite version please give me feed back on it also. Thanks

Also made new promo video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YpwqzjrIcU
REDNSX

Postby REDNSX » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:43 am

Hey every one today thanks to a really good friend I have who hooked me up with ecoappsfree.com my app will be free for only 1 day. Since you guys have been really helpful come by and download it before its back on sale. This is a one time thing so you need to get it before its over. :D
REDNSX

Postby Antxion » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:38 am

Congrats :D
"Only through fire is a strong sword forged."
May the force be with you.
Antxion

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby REDNSX » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:02 am

Thank you.