THE CHALLENGE, are you up for it.

Talk about making games.

Re: THE CHALLENGE, are you up for it.

Postby NightOfHorror » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:34 pm

I like it. :D
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:38 pm

now you just need to do old-styled town, mount olympus and one of your choice :)
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Postby NightOfHorror » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:26 pm

Well why I wait for DB to finish backgrounds, I will start the contest for lead Character Designer. These people I really want to enter because I like their character art: Bee-ant, Pyrometal, (if he's still around), and every other person who has faith in art skills :D
NightOfHorror

Postby DST » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:36 am

This topic is the 2nd most common topic on the forum, right after 'how do i make my character stop jumping in the air'.

If you want to get some real talent in on this, you need a good product start. You have to come up with something solid, and show that.

When you simply ask, you get motivated volunteers with little talent, while the talented ones will have no motivation to help you.

If you want more clarification, go read the 'help wanted' guidelines at the gamedev.net forums. They have a wealth of information about how you get more talent joining your project.

As for me, you have nothing here, but a few forum posts. That's not enough to get me interested. Not by a long shot. And it's likely the other talented peepz feel the same way.

Make something good, and show that. Be willing to share, don't hide your code. If you share it, and still no one's interested, then you need something better. But only by sharing it will you find out.
It's easier to be clever than it is to be kind.
http://www.lostsynapse.com
http://www.dstgames.com
DST

Score: 151 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:23 am

Forget that post DST. I just hate it when people do that to not so experienced people
Last edited by NightOfHorror on Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NightOfHorror

Postby NightOfHorror » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:43 am

I have really over 100 posts with 3points combined.
NightOfHorror

Postby NightOfHorror » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:51 am

Any way I never said I wanted help. I just wanted to to make a game like professionals do. Hire a lot of people to be producers or designers.
NightOfHorror

Postby DST » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:46 am

NightOfHorror wrote:Hey DST do you wanna join THE CHALLENGE.

NightOfHorror wrote:Any way I never said I wanted help

Look, you shouldn't get so insulted. I've been here long enough to know what's what, and what i'm saying to you is,

You'll get more talent behind your project if you have something to offer people to start with, besides just being excited about it. You can choose to be hurt, or you can consider what I'm saying and build a better mousetrap. The choice is yours, and what you choose will determine the outcome.

What you have now is 1. a post about a project and 2. at least one person who posted 'i'm in'. And that has been done here over and over and never once, not one single time, has it resulted in a game. Can you break the cycle?
It's easier to be clever than it is to be kind.
http://www.lostsynapse.com
http://www.dstgames.com
DST

Score: 151 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:56 am

Fine. I still need a short crew. I need to learn how to draw my character. I need to learn how to code. Pretty much it looks like it is simple yet complicated. I need to know how to upload sprites from paint to GE. Anyway I was just kidding when I said I was insulted. I knew it probaly wouldn't get far. I want my demo to be in the old styled village. I do need ideas for enemies. Old styled village is a ruined village. With still a couple of buildings. I know that may be a lot of requests but I know that GE's future depends on the newbies of today. If newbies are bad right now then it will look like game developers got worse over time. So I find myself more than a couple of forums posts. I try to learn. Sorry DST. :D
NightOfHorror

Postby Bee-Ant » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:54 am

DST wrote:Make something good, and show that. Be willing to share, don't hide your code. If you share it, and still no one's interested, then you need something better. But only by sharing it will you find out.

The point is, you would never interested in anyone :wink:
Not even me...
Bee-Ant

Score: 210 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:13 pm

What would a slashing code be. I mean like when your fighting a guy and you slash at him. So if it is a boss you don't kill him in one hit. If it is a weak guy you have a chance of killing him in one hit.
NightOfHorror

Postby zxcvbnm » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:46 pm

OK do you have sprites ready for the game your going to make? When you get them done let me know.
Check out Momo AlienStarcatcher , featured in apples new and noteworthy and has 5 star reviews!!!
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/momo-ali ... 61779?mt=8
zxcvbnm

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Not yet I just want the slashing code. I learned how to do left, right, and jump coding because of you. Can you make a tutorial for a more complicated game though. I want my demo in snowy mountains. :)
NightOfHorror

Postby zxcvbnm » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:58 pm

Ok I did make a tutorial on making your charactor punch. The coding is the same for slashing . I dont know why its not on the tutorial page. I will go look for it and comment to revive the topic.
Then I will post the link here. Sounds good?
Found it!! Follow this tutorial to make your player slash . It comes with example GED and the coding is a couple of posts down enjoy!!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8772&p=61134&hilit=How+to+punch+tutorial#p61134
Check out Momo AlienStarcatcher , featured in apples new and noteworthy and has 5 star reviews!!!
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/momo-ali ... 61779?mt=8
zxcvbnm

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:03 am

NightOfHorror

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development