Z Fighters is great, isn't it?

Game Editor comments and discussion.

Re: Z Fighters is great, isn't it?

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:41 pm

Turon wrote:So a Moderator doesn't need to be fluent in C++,you just need to delete spam and inflamitory posts right?

Correct.

Although I would love the job, I would feel I would be quite irresponsible.

A good mod solves arguments before deleting them, a good mod sends PM's to those struggling to talk nicely to others on the site, a good mod.... Oh god I sound just like a politician now. :lol:

But yeah, LcL if you're reading this, you would be a great mod.

Jolt has already stated he would be responsible, so you two should send an email to Makslane telling him why you should be mods.
knucklecrunchgames

Score: 17 Give a positive score

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:44 pm

NightOfHorror actually has a nice set of rules. Although I'm not sure how you can ban adsense bot and yahoo bot.

NightOfHorror wrote:GE doesn't have too many rules, feel free to add on if you see any I forgot, but here they are:

- No bots
- No spamming by means of excessive smileys, which we can't do with the 5 smiley limit unless we do the manual way, double or more posting, advertising non-GE products it the official GE forum
- No attempts at purposely creating arguments to stir up the community
- No excessive obscene language, images, video, games
- No excessive bullying of another
knucklecrunchgames

Postby Hblade » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:00 am

I'll remove it, I just don't have much time anymore to do things like I used to, been focusing on life.

I've tried asking why this was reported as spam but got no response, was wondering if he was trying to talk about a game he made or not.
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby MrJolteon » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:48 am

Hblade wrote:I've tried asking why this was reported as spam but got no response, was wondering if he was trying to talk about a game he made or not.

He's advertising a game that was clearly not made with GE. I'm not sure if anything has changed, but last time I checked, that wasn't allowed here. maybe except in the 'Other' forum? sky please confirm this
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2
These are the best ways to reach me these days

Your local Community Janitor, always lurking in the shadows...
MrJolteon

Score: 105 Give a positive score

Postby Hblade » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:25 pm

I was thinking the same thing you were, jolt, except he doesn't have a link to anything. Anyway I'm going to remove this post next reply.
Hblade

Postby MrJolteon » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:42 pm

Hblade wrote:I was thinking the same thing you were, jolt, except he doesn't have a link to anything. Anyway I'm going to remove this post next reply.

The link is in his signature.
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2
These are the best ways to reach me these days

Your local Community Janitor, always lurking in the shadows...
MrJolteon

Score: 105 Give a positive score

Postby Hblade » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:30 pm

ahh didn't see it. Oh well it's removed
Hblade

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:39 pm

knucklecrunchgames

Postby Hblade » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:43 pm

knucklecrunchgames wrote:Z fighters is great, isn't it?

This is definately not a link to a z fighter game

I didn't see his signature that's all.
Hblade

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:48 pm

Hblade wrote:
knucklecrunchgames wrote:Z fighters is great, isn't it?

This is definately not a link to a z fighter game

I didn't see his signature that's all.

No I was only joking in that post.
knucklecrunchgames

Postby Hblade » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:14 am

ahh =D
Hblade

Postby Bee-Ant » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:18 am

Mod is supposed to be a mature, responsible, and active member in here. Oh, and also has a sense of justice, pride, and manner.

If Automail was here I would vote him :P

No.
Well, I would vote for LCL. But I don't know he's quite active or not since I'm not that active myself :P
Bee-Ant

Score: 210 Give a positive score

Postby Turon » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:21 am

Automail? nah I was never here when he was active but I've seen a lot of his posts...
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby bat78 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:36 pm

I don't insist to take place as a moderator..
But I feel a little bit upset and majorly frustrated.

I am active member since 2008.
True that I don't post a lot.. mostly because I prefer working on something.
And I was never good in GAME reviews in contrast with say Jolteon.
Despite that, I was and I am hardly working on Game-Editor projects / In some indexes even the only one actually working / on projects to contribute Game-Editor
in a massive scale. Would always respond to private messages on time and provide a detailed high quality help, directions or even spoon-feeding.
I stay in the forums and sneak for new interesting posts much more than Jolteon does. / Taking him as an accurate example as you all think he stays here the longest /
I am 18 years old and I already finished middle school (1 year faster than the rest).. which I guess makes me mature enough.
I am becoming a licensed programmer (Although people don't really care about this flying cuts of bragging paper, they mostly look for things to be done)
I've been a moderator in much bigger communities like Fiesta Online P.Servers oh and a S/O user with total of / 2k / reputation.
And yet, no one mentioned about me lol shame.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
On the other hand I get it. I have a reputation here of someone who doesn't care of the community.
And I was plainly and illiberally misunderstood and untimely misinterpreted.
If I didn't care of the community on that way you are concerning.. I would not bother to program for you on a first place.
It is just that people started off-topicing increasingly frequent and some others response to it like it is a facebook chat or something equally free for off-topics
and non-thematic discussions so they are lineal accomplices to it.. and there me being careless b!tch makes me rude and downvotes my reputation.
Once again, to make it clear. Sorry, but I am not interested in your personal life, your real life problems, your mood, your friends, your family, your job or relatively your condition. Truly this is not the right way to become your favorite, but again.. I do not insist to be a moderator for a future election. Especially for a spoiled/corrupted/treadmill/lazy community of people who prefer a "Nice person" over "Experienced, independent, stable and pedantic person" for a moderator.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Now as a last argument. I don't think LcL is a good choice for a moderator.
If makslane offers a place for a "Nice Member" or "Community Leader" .. I would vote for Lassi myself.
But if things get real serious believe me, LcL is by any meaning and proof totally inefficient.
I am independent.. I do not intend to take advantage of our "relationship status" that might be ruined after this statement.
Objectively, he doesn't quite fit those average mods requirements. Now some of you, experiencing dissent may want me to found my opinion.

He owns the greatest project ever been created in Game-Editor. That project earns several theoretical awards already.
- Longest development
- On a first page of game demos
- Largest discussion
- Largest interest
With one word it is something much heavier than the job as a moderator. And we all MUST rely on his "motivation" he call it.. along his mood and capabilities.
Sometimes he is VERY BUSY, sometimes he LACK OF MOTIVATION (note again despite the greatness of his project), sometimes hese been DEPRESSED and UNABLE to program. Is that your view of a GOOD moderator? Besides the point hese been offline most of the time lately.
A good moderator is someone who doesn't take into consideration personal relationships and feelings, but someone to be familiar with the Terms Of Service and terms for pleasant stay. Someone devoted to the purpose of getting rid of community bars. Someone who doesn't depend on anything else but his actual place as a moderator.
Evident in everything.. this is the thing that determines his quality. But LcL? He became upset, because he thought I underestimate him as a programmer. And because imo me and I both are not programmer, but game developers / coders. This is his personality I don't judge him because of his personality.. I am telling you that he is definitely the kind of personality that doesn't fit for this job.
If I had to vote, I would vote for Jolteon.
The future of "Game-Editor" here
bat78

Score: 88 Give a positive score

Postby Bee-Ant » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:06 pm

Turon wrote:Automail? nah I was never here when he was active but I've seen a lot of his posts...

Joking. He was a public enemy on my teenager days in here :D
Bee-Ant

Score: 210 Give a positive score

PreviousNext

Return to GE - General