Ok now its time for us to be honest and stop it

Game Editor comments and discussion.

Ok now its time for us to be honest and stop it

Postby krenisis » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:15 pm

Last thing I would want to do is piss people off. But Iam seeing something I dont like here. Since I been here there has been talk of updates and add-ons. There was iphone talk,android talk, 3 D talk LOLOLOLOL . Topics started by anyone here that serve nothing to get hopes up. I havent seen any progress what so ever on those fronts. I honestly dont believe there has even been a real attemp to even make those things. So from now on lets just talk about programming to create effects we want. Lets save dreams for sleep. Sorry if Iam too harsh.
krenisis

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Re: Ok now its time for us to be honest and stop it

Postby Hblade » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:17 pm

Dude, thats the point in finding devs, so those things CAN happen
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby MrJolteon » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:47 pm

I totally agree with you, Hblade.
If GE got a 3D part and a 2D part, people that are looking for easy-to-use 3D game creators (like myself :P ) can stop searching and get GE instead because of it's simple code and user-friendly interface. After using GE for a week, I had already found out 75% of all the functions, and some script. (Okay, this post got a little off-topic but whatever)
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2
These are the best ways to reach me these days

Your local Community Janitor, always lurking in the shadows...
MrJolteon

Score: 105 Give a positive score

Postby Hblade » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:16 pm

Yeah because is all it takes is for us to talk to people and find people on other forums :D

Everyone, dont take Kren's statement the wrong way he wasnt trying to start an argument :3 let's keep GE forums friendly :D
Hblade

Postby makslane » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:28 pm

krenisis wrote:I havent seen any progress what so ever on those fronts.

The problem I was the only Game Editor developer for all this years (with help sometimes).
Now, I haven't time develop as before. That is the reason Game Editor is an open source software now.

It would be better if I could release new versions. As I can not, I try to share my vision of the Game Editor future, to try to get new developers.
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
If you like Game Editor, make a review!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Postby 4erv' » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:42 pm

I think we should make a pack of greatest Game Editor games. We could use already made games, or create new ones. Maybe if the pack would be a part of Game Editor (maybe placed somewhere in tutorials, as an examples of the games) so every person who download Game Editor would see that games and think "I want to create something like that too!" :D
Somehow we should make Game Editor and programming with it more interesting to the whole world..
Because when my PC broke again, I wasn't here for like 2 months, and what I saw in the forum after I got my PC?
Nothing that would put smile on my face. In 2 months there were created a few games, there were no discussions in the forum, and only few people talking to each other. That was sad. :(
Gold Basketball 2008 - the first basketball game made with game editor.

4erv'

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Postby Hblade » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:22 pm

Well 4erv' I'm glad your back :)
Hblade

Postby 4erv' » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:03 pm

And I'm glad you are still here :D
Gold Basketball 2008 - the first basketball game made with game editor.

4erv'

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Postby krenisis » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:59 am

Well i made a ton of games and put it out there that they were made for game editor. The games are made for wvga pocket pc and my games are real popular freeware. I made Phaserx , rexum ,super mario bros. Space Wars,and Obama vs. Bush. You can go to my websites and see my games downloaded 2000-3000 each. I feel like everyone needs to start teaming up and forget this individual nonsense. I finally found a solid animator 2 weeks ago by luck and we be making a paid game soon. If everyone is serious and i mean real serious there is a website of hungry animators that you could work with to make great sellable games.
http://www.onlydreamingproductions.org/ ... ffc70fcb72

Go to that website and hook up with those guys there go and hungry. peace
Tutorial Database for all beginners click this link
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8680
krenisis

Postby krenisis » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:05 am

Yes your right most time you get ignored in here......The only people that respond are same ones over and over. Sometimes i start thinking this is Hblades and jolteons website lol hahahahaha.......hahaahahaha...ok breathe....olo ....opps i meant....lol..hehehehe
Tutorial Database for all beginners click this link
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8680
krenisis

Postby Hblade » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:54 pm

Lmao xD... I'm just on here allot :P So is jolt :D
Hblade

Postby DST » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:52 am

krenisis wrote: I feel like everyone needs to start teaming up and forget this individual nonsense.

Its not as easy as it sounds. Artists are the most touchy people in the universe.

We spend most of our time
1. Trying to figure out how to do things better than everyone else
2. Being jealous of artists who can do a particular thing better than we can
3. Worrying about people stealing our artwork
4. Trying to avoid all the negativity.

And as well, an artist is by definition a poor salesman. Business and art are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

TargetDefense has 1000's of downloads, but what do i get out of it? Nothing, but the respect of a few people, and the satisfaction that i made something unique.

I've made more money running ads on my youtube tutorials than i've ever made making games. And i make more in my job in the real world in an hour than i make on youtube in a month. It's not about money, in the beginning, but without it, you won't end up doing it. It's like a lake, it has to take in new water or eventually it won't be a lake anymore, no matter how much water it has now. Eventually it will dry up if it doesn't get new water.

But its hard to trust people. Ask yourself (and ask me, and Asmodeus, and Makslane, while you're at it), if after a while of trying, when people finally start trusting you and taking interest in your project, you find yourself losing interest in it.

We are not computers, none of us. We cannot always do the logical thing.
It's easier to be clever than it is to be kind.
http://www.lostsynapse.com
http://www.dstgames.com
DST

Score: 151 Give a positive score

Postby Bee-Ant » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:22 pm

DST wrote:1. Trying to figure out how to do things better than everyone else

3 punch line to me, how dare you...

Well, im not going to interfere. Everyone have their own purpose on doing things. Whether its just for fun, or for bussiness, do as you wish.

And you, kren...you're too proud of yourself...
Well, i just warn you. There may be some people that dont like your narcism explanation.
Bee-Ant

Score: 210 Give a positive score

Postby DST » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:37 pm

Bee-Ant wrote:
DST wrote:1. Trying to figure out how to do things better than everyone else

3 punch line to me, how dare you...

You are so quick to jump to assumptions, bee.
1st, its the jealousy that makes you get better. That's i've learned much of my art from, i see someone else do something and i want to prove i can.

2nd, i used to be a tattoo artist, and the shops i worked at stole everything from me...all the photos of my work, and lots of my originals, and much of the work is being sold over and over around the country and there's really not much i can do about it.

So in reality, the post i made was really about me, and not you. Funny you then call krenisis narcissistic. :P

But it proves my point perfectly! Artists are touchy individuals.
It's easier to be clever than it is to be kind.
http://www.lostsynapse.com
http://www.dstgames.com
DST

Score: 151 Give a positive score

Postby krenisis » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:04 pm

Ok I of all people am not too proud or narssistic. If I need help or if someone needs help I quickly ask or answer. Bee-ant I think you read me completely reason so bad it doesnt make sense. Iam the one who PMs people and try to get them involved. I go out of my way to speak to everyone and I answer all my mail here and my websites. I answer all my mail on 4 different e-mail accounts. I by far am not anything you think of me. I give compliments to everyone here every chance i get.
I openly invited everyone to make pocket pc games and post it on my website. The only thing I can be accused of is 1) not learning programming fast enough 2) being hyper-emotional sometimes. But trust me Iam being calm now because in the past hahaha i would have blown up in those remarks(just ask skydereign) Iam way better person than you know.
krenisis

Next

Return to GE - General