game editor for dummies

Game Editor comments and discussion.

game editor for dummies

Postby SpeightM09 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:08 am

Why hello there :) how nice to see a bunch of ppl at last.
ok so im completely new to game editor altho i have been interested in making my own simple games for ages now. y'kno just for fun. so i got game editor with the full knowledge that i kno next to nothing about coding programming scripting or whatever the hell it is. so i thot id install the thing and then go get a atutorial to help me out. easy right? right...
why is it that i cant find a half decent helpful person out there? i scower the entire interwebs searching for summat along the lines of 'tutorial' and 'help' and but all i find are a few tutorials that start off looking quite good but it quickly becomes obvious that they assume you already know this stuff...which i dont!
like on youtube theres this bloke called Tutochao with a great series of tutorial videos. this would be brilliant if he a) didnt assume you already know this stuff and b) the videos are crap quality and i cant see a thing he's doing or writing.

so help me out ppl! ive got a brain brimming with ideas and no way to realise them! what would be good is if i could get something that told me how to make a simple game but gives enough details about what everything is and how to use it. im tired of ppl thinking i should know this stuff already and i cant stress enough that i dont! unserstand the basics im sure i can work the rest out for myself and come back here to look at other topics for more help...but until that day cometh...

if this has already been put into another post sorry but i didnt really have the time to search this entire forum for summat that may or may not even be there.
sorry for the longwinded run :) ciao
SpeightM09

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Re: game editor for dummies

Postby skydereign » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:48 am

Pretty harsh saying you can't find a helpful person here, almost everyone here is willing to help when they can... gameEditor comes with built in tutorials. These should walk you through some very basic concepts in gameEditor. If you are searching the entire internet, I'd say that is a waste of time. gameEditor is a small community, so anything you need to know would be found here.

If you don't like the gedts, you might have a look here, the first three chapters are done. It should take you through the first steps of using gameEditor. Chapter 1 explains the gameEditor environment, and Chapter 2 steps you through building a game. If you still don't get anything, you can pm me your questions, or ask your questions on the forums. I am currently writing more chapters for the book, a new chapter should be up in a couple days or so.
http://game-editor.com/Creating_Games_with_Game_Editor
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby SpeightM09 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:55 am

ure a life saver! perfect! id hunt you down and hug you if i could be bothered! :) cheers
SpeightM09

Postby lcl » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:54 pm

I haven't seen any question from you before.
It's easier to help if you post your problems here. :wink:
And Tutochao tutorials were very helpful for me. Watch them
when you have learned the first basic things. :D

If you have some problems ask me to help or anyone else.
I try to help you as well as I can. :D
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Postby zxcvbnm » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:55 pm

Hello welcome to game editor. Trust me people here will break thier backs to help you . I made some simple step by step tutorials under the name krenisis . They should help you out. This is a very nice community , enjoy your stay.
Check out Momo AlienStarcatcher , featured in apples new and noteworthy and has 5 star reviews!!!
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/momo-ali ... 61779?mt=8
zxcvbnm

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Postby SpeightM09 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:56 am

great cheers guys. i was a bit harsh to begin with, sorry dudes. i just dont kno where to start with all this :( i got no idea how the features work or have the first clue about coding or scripting or anything. those tutochao tutorials are some kinda help but the res is crap and i cant see what he's writing. plus he's annoying and hums a lot :) but if anyone could help me, like tell me how to make a simple game in detail, please detail cos like i say im a clueless noobie, id be most grateful. cheers :)
plus skydereign those chapters were useful, but again only if you already know the very basic basics. which i dont. mebbe u cud refer me to sum other pages and topics in the forum which helped some other noobies that cud help a lot.

where is this tutochao anyways? i gotta bone to pick with him! why make tutorials that are great until you get to the essential videos which you cant even see???
SpeightM09

Postby lcl » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:21 pm

SpeightM09 wrote:where is this tutochao anyways?

Tutochao has here name Hblade. :D Try contacting him by pm. :D
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Return to GE - General