Vamp v.2.1- windows mobile game / now on iphone

Talk about making games.

Vamp v.2.1- windows mobile game / now on iphone

Postby Chai » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:48 am

VAMP -Halloween crisis v.2.1-
is totally addicting shooting Arcade-style Action for your Windows Mobile device game.

Your mission is bring peace back the Holloween day. Don't let them eat your blood and Shoot them all!

Controls use your pad to control and shoot the monster.

Amazing graphics, sound quality and fun!
- 8 totally levels with nice graphics,
- Incredible enemies,
- additional weapon,

Realms, the intense action shooter blasts its way onto your screen providing numerous levels of gameplay Pocket PC gamer.

FANTASY SHOOTING arcade style game for your pocket pc device. With very good graphics and advanced elements.
Attachments
003.jpg
Last edited by Chai on Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:18 am, edited 14 times in total.
Chai

Score: 30 Give a positive score

Re: Vamp

Postby pyrometal » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:14 pm

Congradulations on your released game! I wish I could test this out but unfortunately I do not own a mobile device... Looks professional to say the very least! Good luck with your buisness venture also, hopefully your game will get a lot of attention. That's all for now!

Also, if you talk with Makslane, he might also help you by putting your game on the site's front page.

--pyro
SPRITE WARRIOR:
Free, open-source & crossplatform pixel art editor (currently under construction).
pyrometal

Score: 86 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:28 pm

Congratulations!!! I hope you sell a lot of games :-)
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
If you like Game Editor, make a review!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:31 pm

The old page for sellable games was not in the main site, but stil here:
http://game-editor.com/games.html

I need to move the contents of the page to the new site structure, put a link and some games on the main page.
But, remenber, any site editor can do that, not only me!
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
If you like Game Editor, make a review!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Postby Chai » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:05 am

Thank you pyrometal and Mr. Makslane for the inspiration.
Chai

Postby Fuzzy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:37 am

Looks great. I'd try it if I had a windows mobile device.

Hope you get lots of sales. It looks very professional.
Mortal Enemy of IF....THEN(and Inspector Gadget)

Still ThreeFingerPete to tekdino
Fuzzy

Score: 95 Give a positive score

Postby Chai » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:41 am

Dear Fuzzy:

It's harder to get a sale comparing to 5 years ago.
Very difficult to get people to download and buy.

Handango and Pocket gear are taken many days to approve a software too.

Right now, I still try to promote my software via various forums.

I still think that, the Iphone market would be easier to get thru a market right now.

Chai
Chai

Postby OmniArts » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:53 am

honestly, after dealing with a variety of distributors, i dont think pocket gear and handango have much life left in them!
I like the look of your game and I'm sure it will sell well if u find a good source to reach your target market.
OmniArts

Score: 16 Give a positive score

Re: Vamp v.2.1- windows mobile game

Postby Chai » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:13 pm

Vamp is updated to version 2.1.
This version will support for a non-pad device.
You can control a character by touching a screen directly.
Also, I change a sound and music for making better.

Hopefully, you will like it.

Best regards,
Chai

P.S. I will get a smartphone and will use a Game-Editor to port it.
Then, if I have a luck, I wanna sell to smartphone too.
Chai

Postby krenisis » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:55 pm

if u have ur game on pocketgear take it off immediately i put a game to sell and brought my game 2 times and pocketgear claimed we didnt sell any copies ...they are cheats u can try same thing i did and seel if they cheat u....please all gameeditor developers do not use pocket gear my buddy skyderiegn cant bear witness to that too....iam happy
we gotten so far to make sellable games i did couple of demos for pocket pc type ...krenisis games..on google and check them out
krenisis

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby Chai » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:53 am

dear krenisis
Thanks you for your advice.
I will check it immediately.
Last edited by Chai on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chai

Postby skydereign » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:07 am

Chai, I am skydereign. I can verify what krenisis is saying, if you are willing to take my word. I could also show the email conversation, but those were his emails, so I won't post it without consent. I am not as quick to accuse as krenisis, as I don't think they were trying to cheat us, as they wouldn't have made much money from it anyways. The game was fully functioning and it passed there inspections. It was some bug in their system, which prevented any sales from actually getting through to us. We released the game called XBall, it is a derivative on pong. It had some potential to sell, but after a couple of weeks we noticed the sales reports were messed up, as krenisis bought two copies of the game. It was fully functioning as an exe, not a cab. I don't know why he put that "cab" there, or if he even tried to convert it to a cab, but that was not the reason the sales were messed up. krenisis emailed PocketGear and they apologized if in fact what he was saying was true. krenisis was extremely accusatory in the email, so in the end we took the game off PocketGear, and cut our losses.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby Chai » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:37 am

Thank you skydereign.
By the way, I notice that Pocketgear is not popular as it used to be.

Could you please give me a suggestion?
What is the top windows mobile seller site?
So far, I think it's clickgamer.com
Chai

Postby krenisis » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:14 pm

well to be honest iam looking into building a site for selling games as my 1st exp. was a bad one.When i do have a site up i let u know but it might be a while becuase i want to make sure everything is in working order...... As far as being extremely accusing to pocketgear i gave them mutiple chances to tell me the truth 1st i told them the order list was not working pocketgear said they will fix it and said they checked there no games sold 2nd i ask if i sold any games after i purchase my own game twice pocketgear owner said he checked personally and he found no games sold 3rd i told him i have proof of purchase via paypal then he says oh there is a glitch ....now i gave him 2 chances to check and pocketgear couldnt find any games sold
all of a sudden they see an error.As far as iam concerned i call it how i see it.
krenisis

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby OmniArts » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:07 pm

If you really want a distributor that you can make profits on, your only options are the Windows Marketplace for Mobile and the Telco's themselves.
Any sales you manage to gain on 3rd part sites mentioned above are bonuses....
While the sites may have been one of the only options in the past, things change.. the new range of Windows Phones come with the Marketplace pre-installed, consumers simply do not need these sites anymore..

Chai, I have spoken to pocket gear on several occasions, they are a reputable company and a lot of companies offer their apps for sales through them, I have spoken to another developer who has gained royalties on his products sold through its catalogue.. even though it wasn't much, that is all that can be expected through these channels at this present time.

Krenisis, I wouldn't waste your time creating another Distribution website unless its focusing on another platform with a clear market opening, if you really want to setup such a site, you will find no business in it other than Free apps.
OmniArts

Score: 16 Give a positive score

Next

Return to Game Development