Super Bugged A* Pathfinding!! UPDATE 9

Non-platform specific questions.

Super Bugged A* Pathfinding!! UPDATE 9

Postby EvanBlack » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:10 pm

I don't know whats wrong with it... it just doesn't work.... well not like its suppose too. I have been working on it for about 7 hours. I am just too tired to try to get back at it. If anyone wants to try it and see if they can make it work, or help me figure out what I did wrong... I would be eternally grateful.

Update: Movement happens to fast to follow along the tiles. I am too tired to update it anymore, but at least now its almost right....

Removed while loop... it was a bad idea... hope no one downloaded that version

UPDATE 3: I realized my error and am working to fix it. If you want to try to figure it out on your own, or are curious about this code. The hint to solving this problem involves states. (and not the united ones)

4- I feel like I am getting closer. This is a long process of trail and error. I added states to control flow but now I am positive that its not my flow control but something else. It seems like they are sharing path coordinates. I can't seem to get them to follow any sort of path other than straight... The "AI" Actor updates his path every 500ms.

5- I am rechecking the pathfinding code and noticed I left out a line that when I pop the top item off the binary heap I never put the bottom item to the top, so my binary heap was broken from the start. Pathfinding works slightly better.

6- I got to to follow the path correctly, but if I choose a new location it resets back at the first start location....

7- Possible Memory leak in older versions. I try to fix that by putting script in destroy view. Hope it runs on exit....

8- Put all code into single location.... to fix stupid errors that don't make any sense...

Everything is fixed for the most part.... its kinda working ok now...
(\__/) ( Soon... The world)
(O.o )< will be mine!____)
(> < )
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Bunny Overlord 2012!
EvanBlack

Score: 19 Give a positive score

Re: Super Bugged A* Pathfinding!! UPDATE 9

Postby Hblade » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:07 pm

EvanBlack wrote:Put all code into single location.... to fix stupid errors that don't make any sense...

Everything is fixed for the most part.... its kinda working ok now...

I know your pain T.T
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Return to General