My App is in the Apple App Store Finally

Game Editor comments and discussion.

My App is in the Apple App Store Finally

Postby REDNSX » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:19 am

So it's finally in the app store. One year ago I have just discovered GE and one year later I have an app in the Apple App Store. GE is one of the best things to use in order to make an app. Well the name of the app is GreenPleco and this is the link to it. I am so happy about my first app. :D

http://itunes.apple.com/app/greenpleco/id494978123?mt=8
REDNSX

Score: 7 Give a positive score

Re: My App is in the Apple App Store Finally

Postby makslane » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:03 am

Congratulations!
Attachments
mzl.ocrrzlqw.320x480-75.jpg
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
If you like Game Editor, make a review!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Postby REDNSX » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:13 pm

Thank you! You have idea how happy I am. :D :D :D
REDNSX

Postby Nykos » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Congrats my friend, i'm really happy for you :D
Nykos

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Postby SuperSonic » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Congradulations man :P
A tree never hits an automobile except in self-defence.

Want to use your joystick or controller with Game Editor? Check out my controller engine =D
SuperSonic

Score: 72 Give a positive score

Postby REDNSX » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:04 pm

Thank! :D we need more GE apps our there.
REDNSX

Postby REDNSX » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:04 am

I updated the Promo video. Come by and give it a LIKE on youtube. If you could comment something positive on the video I would appreciate it very much. :D Thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDUZ4iojwgM
REDNSX

Postby peedalein » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:41 am

The game looks great! I see that you already have positive ratings.

With which programm did you record the game video?
peedalein

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Postby Clokio » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:03 pm

Wow you got 5 stars, congrat.
Clokio

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby REDNSX » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:52 am

Thanks guys! It's been really hard to promote my game and I am happy that the people who are getting it are liking it. :) as far as the video goes I am a 3d guy so I use 3d software and after effects. You guys have any suggestions to be able to get more people to know about my game? Advertising the game is harder than making it. I don't have lots on money to pay for advertisement so it's hard.
REDNSX

Postby REDNSX » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:56 am

Have any of you downloaded the game so far? :)
REDNSX

Postby Chai » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:15 am

Congratulations :D
Chai

Score: 30 Give a positive score

Postby Clokio » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:51 am

REDNSX wrote:Thanks guys! It's been really hard to promote my game and I am happy that the people who are getting it are liking it. :) as far as the video goes I am a 3d guy so I use 3d software and after effects. You guys have any suggestions to be able to get more people to know about my game? Advertising the game is harder than making it. I don't have lots on money to pay for advertisement so it's hard.

She will make your game know, that is her job. I ear her in conference she gave some advices. I would told you some. First what is your game about. Ecology. Then try to do research on newspapers, magazines that talk about ecology. Call them, tell you made a iPhone game for their readers, they might want to try it and make a article. You might get surprised.

Good luck. :D

Here is a way to get to her http://www.linkedin.com/pub/sue-bohle/0/74/9b4

Sue Bohle
Sue BohleSUE BOHLE, APR, Fellow PRSA

Sue Bohle is a highly regarded public relations professional who has been providing hands on, senior level counsel to game and other interactive entertainment companies since 1983. She has been the lead speaker on PR for the game industry at the The Game Developers Conference (GDC) six times and the author of the marketing chapter for a new textbook on getting into the video game industry.

Sue started her career at Burson-Marsteller, the world's largest public relations agency. She was then hired by the J. Walter Thompson Co. to help the firm develop a PR presence in Los Angeles. Within three years, she became JWT's first vice president on the West Coast and a year later, the first woman in Los Angeles to be named general manager of an office of an international PR firm. Later, she also headed the Los Angeles office of Ketchum Communications. She founded The Bohle Company in 1979.

Throughout its existence, The Bohle Company has won numerous PR awards, including two Silver Anvils, a Bronze Award from Paul Holmes and its winning REpism award was voted “Best of Show” by the Los Angeles Chapter of PRSA.

In 1991, Sue was elected to the College of Fellows, PRSA, an honor bestowed on less than one percent of PR professionals judged to be role models in the industry. She later served as secretary/treasurer, chair elect and chair of this prestigious organization.

In 1999, Sue was named one of the “Top 50 Most Powerful Women in PR” by PR Week trade magazine. In 2001, it was noted that she was one of 37 women heading Top 100 PR agencies.

Sue has held various positions for the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA). She is a past chairman of the Counselors Academy, a national organization of heads of agencies; past president of the Los Angeles Chapter, PRSA; and currently serves on the PRSA National Board. An expert in marketing PR and crisis communications, Sue is quoted frequently in textbooks on PR.

Sue holds both a bachelor's and master's degree from Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University. In 1997, she was named a charter member of Medill’s Hall of Achievement, honoring alumni who have become leaders in their professions.

http://www.siegecon.net/SIEGE2009/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=5&Itemid=55
Clokio

Postby REDNSX » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:24 am

I don't think I have the money to hire her. :( i will try to contact her and see if she will give me some freevadvice.

I will try you advice on contacting ecology magazines. :D
REDNSX

Postby Clokio » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:35 pm

REDNSX wrote:I don't think I have the money to hire her. :( i will try to contact her and see if she will give me some freevadvice.

I will try you advice on contacting ecology magazines. :D

Also she mention about using twitter and so on. So get yourselves busy on Facebook and other media. You mention pet lover in you adds too. I don't know where you are from but here in US, they near worship animals from what I saw. So there some magazines you can contact, tv show.
You will ear alot of no. But don't worry, that is normal.

Think about angry bird, is that game deserve his popularity, I don't think so. They just got alot of PR (promotion) about it.

Also think about iads, you can also at some point put your apps, free and just run on iads. GE is capable of iads from what I read. That's a big advantage for you. Maybe in the forum we could have a section promote your game, just a idea.
Clokio

Next

Return to GE - General