Apple ends 3rd party compiler submissions we wont be able to

Game Editor comments and discussion.

Apple ends 3rd party compiler submissions we wont be able to

Postby krenisis » Tue May 11, 2010 5:18 am

Steve Jobs has said to make sure there will be no compatibility issues all games and applications made by a 3rd party compilers will not be accepted. That means we can develop games for iphone but they will not be accepted by the apple store. This means this will be the 2nd mobile store that will not accept GameEditor games , the windows mobile marketplace being the 1st.
My honest opinion we have a better chance if we can figure a way to be accepted into windows marketplace becuase we have more exp. there. As far as now we dont comply with either store , meaning it will be very tough to sell any games we develop.
krenisis

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Re: Apple ends 3rd party compiler submissions we wont be abl

Postby sonicfire » Tue May 11, 2010 6:28 am

then we have to find a way that they do not even know that games are made with GE (since AFAIK xcode projects are delivered that shouldn´t be a big deal?)
problem though then it´s a bit difficult for GE to gain reputation ... :(
why are they so "worried" about compatibility? if it works - it works?? can´t get it ... makes me very angry :evil: then i will start selling them on my own side. what a stupid move.
sonicfire

Score: 16 Give a positive score

Postby Hblade » Tue May 11, 2010 11:37 am

Yeah but see

Tech makes people lazy, the more we get the lazier and pickier we get. Think about it. It used to take a long time to make an NES game. Now people are making 3D Games in no time at all :D

As for Steve, he just needs help or something because there is no reason at all he should have done this. I agree with you if it works it works, I mean come on, steve
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby krenisis » Thu May 13, 2010 4:43 am

I think since the apple store has gotten so large steve just wants to make it smaller by having alot of restrictions on developers. But this will just drive developers away and mess up Game Editor. This move is the same as Microsoft were I cant submit anything to the microsoft marketplace.
Tutorial Database for all beginners click this link
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8680
krenisis

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby Hblade » Thu May 13, 2010 1:19 pm

well, mak, you could always call in a few white hats :P
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby wangiles » Sat May 15, 2010 6:26 pm

i think apple wants to make it propriety to its dev only. currently, with all the cross platform apps on the rise, big players find its to their disadvantage. e.g. flash. (obvious) so what better way to make people listen to you than restrict all to their dev kit only. Its sad. :(
I'm still learning. :)
wangiles

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby sonicfire » Wed May 26, 2010 3:01 pm

i think i will just give it a go and see what happens. either they accept it or they don´t :)
sonicfire

Score: 16 Give a positive score

Postby Kalladdolf » Wed May 26, 2010 7:46 pm

It's sad that they are doing this and I certainly would rather have it the other way. But nevertheless, I can kind of understand their motives.
What would it look like if one of the most reputable virtual marketplaces in the world got flooded with apps created with a free, open-source software available for everyone (even those who just make trash and invest nothing)? They are doing this for security reasons. I don't want to argue with anyone about whether it's not a little overdone to go that far, but it really is a problem... you'd have to prove that your app was really written with xcode. And if you intend to prove that, you might just write the whole thing in xcode and not use GE at all.
So, GE-compiled apps probably won't appear on the app store... we'd have to come up with our own market.
Kalladdolf

Score: 120 Give a positive score

Return to GE - General