HELP! GE HAS STOPPED WORKING ON MY COMPUTER!!

Non-platform specific questions.

Re: HELP! GE HAS STOPPED WORKING ON MY COMPUTER!!

Postby j2graves » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:16 pm

uuuuuum k.
No games to my name...
j2graves

Score: 19 Give a positive score

Postby catacomber » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:19 am

Don't know why but I originally had trouble starting up GE, without clicking on the icon twice, but now everything is all right. It may have been some program was working in the background. I have no delay now in starting up GE. : )
catacomber

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Postby Kalladdolf » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:59 pm

the laptop screen has to be at least 17" to have calculator keys (the size of my normal screen, *shot* xD)
those laptops are really cool, I, as a matter of fact, am also about to get one of those, but they suck away loadsa energy, like the battery is dead after, like, only 1 hour!
Kalladdolf

Score: 120 Give a positive score

Postby Murd-Machine[_] » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:38 pm

The problem of Freddy is definetely virus or really bad system crash.
Did you scan your PC with kaspersky antivirus?
Did you try to restore you OS?

I'm using Vista Ultimate now, and worked on all previous versions starting from 95 andI don't know why you, guys, saying XP is better than Vista. Really, what the difference? They work at nearly the same speed, same compatibility, glitches as often as XP and overall quite similar. The difference is requirements for videocard and RAM, and for this you get more convenient interface and DX10 If you have up-to-date computer it works fine. Even my 2gb of memory is fine. If I'm missing something tell me.
Murd-Machine[_]

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Postby DST » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:25 am

I think the main advantage xp has is in the developers sense, there are years of work put into everything that's on xp but relatively little for vista. Many patches and programs are still waiting for proper Vista releases (if you have to use Omega Drivers to play your favorite game then you know exactly what i'm talking about). Omega vista drivers aren't even ready, and even then they will be the first release, while the xp Omega on the other hand is very solid and well tweaked.

So it only makes sense that ppl assume Vista is to blame for these problems. Especially if you are talking about indie developers who don't have a team of 50 ppl to work overtime the day vista came out to have a compatable version.

I used vista for two months and overall, i agree with what you said....once i had enough ram, and removed lots of the useless features (like that stupid protection scheme that makes you say yes or no to EVERYTHING) it runs comparable to xp on this pc.

But my GE doesn't export right in Vista, and it does export right in xp. It might not be vista, but maybe a driver difference other (my xp soundcard doesn't work in vista and vice versa). Point is it works in XP! :P
It's easier to be clever than it is to be kind.
http://www.lostsynapse.com
http://www.dstgames.com
DST

Score: 151 Give a positive score

Postby Freddy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:35 pm

DST wrote:
I used vista for two months and overall, i agree with what you said....once i had enough ram, and removed lots of the useless features (like that stupid protection scheme that makes you say yes or no to EVERYTHING) it runs comparable to xp on this pc.

I know what you mean! I removed my clock, calendar, puzzle thing, picture slide-show, and a cpu usage monitor -- which all added a great deal to startup time.
Hola
Freddy

Score: 14 Give a positive score

Postby speckford123 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:59 am

im guessing you tried going to the properties of GE and setting it to run in compatibility mode for xp or something right?
speckford123

Score: 49 Give a positive score

Postby Bee-Ant » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:09 am

Sometimes my GE also crashed like that... :shock:
Bee-Ant

Score: 210 Give a positive score

Postby Freddy » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:15 am

speckford123 wrote:im guessing you tried going to the properties of GE and setting it to run in compatibility mode for xp or something right?

Yeah
Hola
Freddy

Postby Bee-Ant » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:07 pm

This happened to me when I wanna try to export my game!!!
I use Vista Home Premium...
Bee-Ant

Score: 210 Give a positive score

Postby Freddy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:44 pm

Hi everyone, just wanted to say that GE is up and running on my computer again! (FINALLY!!) Some windows update thing downloaded an upgrade to my computer (it took like three hours and I didn't even get a notice before it started), and I assume that's what did it. Just thought I'd try it one more time to see if it would work, and it did!!
Anyway, I'll probably be on the forum more often... could anyone fill me in on what's new?
Hola
Freddy

Previous

Return to General