Movtivation and Welcome for all new members to game editor

Game Editor comments and discussion.

Movtivation and Welcome for all new members to game editor

Postby again » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:09 pm

I remember being a teenager and being hooked to video games. Nintendo, gameboy, snes,genisis, etc. I also remember having ideas and wishing I could make my own games. For a while when I grew-up I gave up this dream until I brought my windows mobile device. The games at that time were not good and I decided I will go make some on my own. Thats when I searched the internet and found game editor.
Game Editor changed my life forever as I now had the power to create my own games. Fast forward to the present now Game Editor support iphone game making. I remember when me and junior gamer released Momo Alien Starcatcher for iphone and Apple put the game on new and noteworthy. It was a feeling of pride you cant describe . Chai also released several games on iphone that reached new and noteworthy.
This is the type of product that can make your dreams come true. Whether your a hobbyist or want to make commercial games , Game Editor is the premiere tool to use. My advice to all those who sign up and join , post in the forums. We have the friendiest group of helpful people that will assist you in game making.
Welcome to game editor , where your dreams of making games will come true.
again

Score: 33 Give a positive score

Re: Movtivation and Welcome for all new members to game edit

Postby lcl » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:59 pm

Your post made me remember where I found GE, the page still exists:
http://www.mbnet.fi/nettijatkot/2004/10/teeitsepelisi/ :D (It's in finnish)

I'm so glad I picked GE from that list, it is awesome program and I've learnt so much within these one and half year. I didn't know anything about C coding before GE, and i've learnt so much about it, thanks to GE!
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Re: Movtivation and Welcome for all new members to game edit

Postby Game A Gogo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Being 8 or 9, I invented this game that you'd play using paper, pens, pencil and eraser. It'd be some sort of rpg whith maps and story line and everything. It was graphical and not text based as well. I loved creating these game that I had called Power Gem. Later when I was about 11, I simply couldn't bare not being able to make a game of my own creation on the computer, I'd create many graphics and sprites for games without realizing it prepaired me for something later on. One day when I had permision to get on the internet, I decided to search "Game Editor". Obviously I had found out about this program, I remember what the website looked like in 2003! After downloading the program from my parent's computer from which I was able to access internet from at the time, I transfered it to my personal computer, it was a MyComp with a 488mHz processor I think :lol: . I opened game editor I though I was ready to get on with game designing, but I couldn't understand how the program worked, at all. After a few days I decided to let it be, I went on with my search. I fell on Game Maker, I used it for around 6 months. I made a game called SS-X1 on it. I found the program very lacking in things that could be acheived. A few months afterwards I turned towards Game Editor again, having tried other programs like Dark Basic, Blitz Basic, Blender and many more. This time I took the effort of looking through everything of the program, having little experience now on events/action with GM. After following the tutorials many times, I was ready to attempt my first game. It was called Gem Catcher, a stick man walking around collecting gems through a level. I remember the euphoria from my accomplishment, it was nothing like I could make with game maker! With game editor I felt in total control of the game with a lot of dynamisme while with game maker I've always felt it made all the work from me, the game I made with it never reflected my real intentions of my creation. For around 6 months then I used game editor, learning on my own and from the demos uploaded at the website. After that I decided to join these forums. I'm glad I did because because of that choice I was able to learn quickly how to accomplish more complicated things with the help of the community.

Never I will regret my decision in 2003 of downloading for the first time this program... Today it gave me a sure carreer choice and an absolutly excelent experience to prepaire me to get into colege for Game Designer next year!
Programming games is an art,
    Respect it.
Game A Gogo

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Return to GE - General