Clone, or maybe animindex...problems with exe

Non-platform specific questions.

Clone, or maybe animindex...problems with exe

Postby jimmynewguy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:58 am

So I have a game I'm making (completely over-the-top) called awesome man and it's like a beat em' up game. Everything works fine in the editor but when I export the game the enemies are constantly attacking and not changing animations at all.

So my question is, are there any known problems with clones or using switch(animindex) when exported? Maybe my code is a little long at 106 lines for the enemy AI and collision system, but the enemies do have decent AI, 3 attacks, and 11 animations each. I'm not saying I'm the best coder in the world but everything I see should work since others use clones and I'm sure animindex in exported games and it doesn't seem to be effect them.

Anyway, hope someone knows something. At least a "yup those things don't work right when exported" so I know I'm not crazy. And P.S you should watch the random youtube video for this game I have in my signature! :P
Working on a probably too ambitious project! Wild-west-adventure-RPG-shooter-thing.
jimmynewguy

Score: 89 Give a positive score

Re: Clone, or maybe animindex...problems with exe

Postby skydereign » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:20 am

The only animation problem with clones (in 1.4) is when you use sequences as far as reported problems. I'd have to see how the ai works, but from the error it sounds like your system is using something that editor mode takes for granted, that isn't there in the exported version. Kind of like the cloneindex problems when exported. What could be happening much like the cloneindex or textNumber problems, is that the order of the animations are different when you export it. I rarely use animindex like that, as I always have an actor variable state that holds the same thing. On an unrelated note, nice choice in music.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby jimmynewguy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:33 am

AHA! Maybe it is sequences, all the animations are sequences of one main one. Thanks sky, I'll try to change that.

EDIT: Okay....weird. I think the actors are glitched. If I try to add a new animation to them it vanishes.. I'll try deleting the actor and starting over
Working on a probably too ambitious project! Wild-west-adventure-RPG-shooter-thing.
jimmynewguy

Postby jimmynewguy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:13 am

Alright, deleted the enemies and remade them. Same exact codes but this time without using sequences. Exported it and works like a charm. :)
jimmynewguy

Return to General