AnimationQ2

Learn how to make certain types of games and use gameEditor.

AnimationQ2

Postby NightOfHorror » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Okay, so I figured it out with some theories and a tutorial. Pretty simple actually. Well, I want to make my own demo of a man punching. For some reason when he is on the frame where he is punching to full extent, part of a head shows up the person and the fist of that same frame appears from the back for a split second. I am guessing that the animation is continuing on before that frame is finished showing part of the next frame. Is that right or is there something else I am not paying attention to?
Attachments
Punching Left.png
Punching Right.png
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Re: AnimationQ2

Postby skydereign » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:30 pm

That is because you aren't paying attention to the frame borders. When you make that an image gE divides the image into 10 evenly sized frames. Here is the same image showing the frame borders (notice how your animation goes through the border).
Attachments
Punching Left.png
Punching Left.png (6.15 KiB) Viewed 2698 times
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:14 am

Uhh, may I ask how I see that image with the borders. I looked, but don't know much about this type of stuff. :P I am sorry for being a noob, but I just don't know what to do. :oops: :(
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Postby skydereign » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:43 am

skydereign wrote:When you make that an image gE divides the image into 10 evenly sized frames

As I said, gE divides the image into evenly sized frames. So if you tell gE the image has 10 horizontal frames, you take the width of the image, divide it by 10, and that is the size of each framed box. I just created the box, and copied it along the image, showing you the frame boundaries.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:44 pm

...oh, that simple. Gosh, I need to stop over thinking stuff.
NightOfHorror

Postby EvanAgain » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:38 am

Your image file as redunant images. You can reduce it down by nearly half the size.

Going from the start to "fully extended pos" back down in reverse order of frames to the beginning again. This will reduce the resource size and will be less buggy in the future of coding because you won't have to reset to the first frame.

Also, ending on the last frame then resetting to the first frame is a redunant action within itself. It creates redunant load that, also, takes time. Time is factors into frames, into frame rate, into math with actions that need to take place, into bugs...
EvanAgain

Score: 4 Give a positive score

Return to Tutorials