Missing Functions In Program (Not Like ChangeAnimation)

Game Editor comments and discussion.

Missing Functions In Program (Not Like ChangeAnimation)

Postby happyjustbecause » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:57 am

Hello, I am wondering about my version of gameEditor, it seems I am missing certain functions. Things like recently opened games, I am missing for some reason. I can copy and paste code within gameEditor, but not from outside sources into gameEditor or vice-versa ( I'm not sure if you can even do this, but if not you should be able to). I can't use control+c to copy or control+p to paste. These simple functions would help make my experience a lot better. I use a mac, and maybe that has some contribution to the results I have. I downloaded gameEditor from the AppStore (Where I payed $10 dollars for it, I'm not sure why it had to be payed for there, but free on the site). And I tried downloading gE from the official website, but it only added recently opened projects, also it must run terminal while I have gameEditor open for some reason. Any ideas on how to help this problem?
Attachments
NO RECENTLY OPENED.png
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
-Carl Sagan

Night Knight Development Thread
happyjustbecause

Score: 15 Give a positive score

Re: Missing Functions In Program (Not Like ChangeAnimation)

Postby AltruismIsDead » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:32 am

I am on a Mac as well and came across all the things you mentioned ;)

Also are you sure you payed $10? or was that a typo because I thought it was $99/$100 on the App Store?

Copy & Paste for code doesn't work on my end either, so I think it's something with gE.

Also I purchased gE on the Mac App store as well, but you were asking how come it's free on game-editor.com/net and why it's being sold on the App store? I believe with the gE purchase via the app store, you are paying $99 for a licensing fee, basically the ability to publish games made with the gE engine to iOS/Android etc.

Although I am not 100% sure with that info, maybe someone else can verify/clarify it?

Also, I wanted to ask Makslane, or akr, or someone else who might know, I was just reading the possibility that if 1.5 comes out they might raise the licensing fee? If so how would that work for people that bought it off the App store? Would we have to pay again to license the new 1.5 engine, or are we kind of "grandfathered" in?
AltruismIsDead

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Postby skydereign » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:38 am

AltruismIsDead wrote:Also I purchased gE on the Mac App store as well, but you were asking how come it's free on game-editor.com/net and why it's being sold on the App store? I believe with the gE purchase via the app store, you are paying $99 for a licensing fee, basically the ability to publish games made with the gE engine to iOS/Android etc.

Although I am not 100% sure with that info, maybe someone else can verify/clarify it?

Yes, the app store version is paying for the express license. That means you are allowed to release your games commercially for a year after the purchase.

happyjustbecause wrote: I can't use control+c to copy or control+p to paste

This is a problem in the linux and mac versions of gE. It used to work a long time ago for linux, but I do believe it never did on mac. Luckily they at least fixed the bug that caused paste attempts to crash gE.

happyjustbecause wrote:And I tried downloading gE from the official website, but it only added recently opened projects, also it must run terminal while I have gameEditor open for some reason. Any ideas on how to help this problem?

Weird that the app version doesn't have the recently opened documents. But the terminal is a side problem of not using an app version. Executables run not via the app packaging must be run through the terminal, and there is no way of hiding it, aside from using an app.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby happyjustbecause » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:06 am

AltruismIsDead wrote:Also are you sure you payed $10? or was that a typo because I thought it was $99/$100 on the App Store?

I bought the app when there was a large sale going on actually, I should have mentioned that. I thought that it may have been to do with the license when checking the website out, and seeing the price for the license, I wasn't sure though, I thought I was just buying the app.

Skydereign wrote:Weird that the app version doesn't have the recently opened documents. But the terminal is a side problem of not using an app version. Executables run not via the app packaging must be run through the terminal, and there is no way of hiding it, aside from using an app.

Yeah, I'm not sure why the app version doesn't have that. And now I at least know how to run OSX executables.

Well, I guess I will have to deal with these problems. They aren't too big of deals or anything, just thought if I could get them fixed, I would. Thanks for the info though!
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
-Carl Sagan

Night Knight Development Thread
happyjustbecause

Score: 15 Give a positive score

Return to GE - General