revoltHiScore.png
I still suck... xD
lclPlaysRevolt.png
This is how I play Revolt
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Re: THE LAST MONTHLY TOURNAMENT: 2014 February Tournament

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:16 am

lol, not bad of a score actually though. That 218 I got was a fluke. The closest I have got is 180 after that, so yeah.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:22 am

Haha :D I still think I suck xD But that doesn't matter, since I've gotten used to being a loser.. back in the mornings of my childhood when me and my brother played ps1 together, I was almost always the one who had to cope with the disappointment of being the loser, especially when we played Crash Team Racing :P :lol:
lcl

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:28 am

That is how it was when I played games like Mario Kart with my uncle and dad.
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Postby lcl » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:37 am

NightOfHorror wrote:That is how it was when I played games like Mario Kart with my uncle and dad.

At least they're older than you are. My brother is two years younger than I am... :roll: :lol:
lcl

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:36 am

lol is all I can say. :lol:
NightOfHorror

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:52 am

I should have posted this a few hours a go, but I wanted to buy you time, but it seems like Cracked is the only contestant. Although him winning means only one thing, we are going to judge it still, as it has the chance at being the highest rated game of all time in these tournaments. :)

Wanted to say, thanks to all who participated. I also wanted to give a shout out to jonathang as he has been a judge for the last few tournaments, and tries his best to help out, so I am glad about that. Also lcl, who is now taking an active role in these. Throughout these 1 month tournaments, I hope you learned to fully appreciate the time you have, and that it helped with something, whether it is prioritizing, showing what you are slow on, efficiency with coding/animating, or even ideas. Now we are going to a new type, 2 month long tournaments, which is still a short amount of time, but hopefully enough to create a more expansive game. In April, that will be the only 1 month long tournament for each year for the anniversary of this tournament. I shall do what I did last month and tell you the theme so you can start early. The official topic will come up either on March 1st/2nd. The theme for the March/April tournament is an element most GE games don't use, that is a key part of many games in this day and age: story. No specific story, no specific type of game-play. Your game just needs a story, and of course it has to be a game as well, not a movie. Find the perfect balance for maximum reaction. The deadline for this tournament is April 21st at 11:59:59 p.m of Central Standard Time. Seeing as story is super important, I suggest you make a rough draft of the story and how it will work with the actual game itself before you do any actual coding. I will probably post something for those not too linguistically gifted to help them out as this isn't hard. Notice how I said rough draft, don't force that as the final copy, make changes where needed. I will explain better throughout this week when I am not tired.
NightOfHorror

Postby lcl » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:57 am

That is a very good idea for a tournament. Story is one crucial part that often seems to be lacking in games here. I am very guilty of that, too. Nearly all my games have that easy-to-come-up-with "story" where the main character appears in a place he has never seen, and has no clue what to do, and you have to guide him home. And yes, one example is Dimension 55355. :lol: So yeah, it's good to have something motivating people to really work on the story, too!

I have really enjoyed being part of these tournaments, one as a contestant, and on this one as a judge. It has also been very entertaining to see what people have done with the time given, and overall, these tournaments create some very nice and indeed needed traffic to the forums, so thanks to you, NightOfHorror, for persistently organizing these even if there has been some hard times with no competitors at all. You're doing very important work, and I hope you continue it as long as you live :mrgreen:
As I already said, I have really enjoyed these tournaments, and with that being said, you can count on me being more actively a part of them. I won't possibly be a participant all that often, due to time issues. But I hope to be a judge as often as it just is possible for me! :)

NightOfHorror wrote:lol is all I can say. :lol:

Exactly. :lol:
lcl

Postby sonicforvergame » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:37 pm

oops i didn't post the game at the right time
next time i
2ab.gif
Kaizoku ni ore wa naru
sonicforvergame

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:58 pm

Well, I hope you still work on your game, and maybe if you felt like, you could use that game and add a storyline to it.
NightOfHorror

Postby sonicforvergame » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:39 pm

it's a destroyer game,like effing worm
you are a tornado and kill people to get bigger and upgrade
Kaizoku ni ore wa naru
sonicforvergame

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:46 pm

oh, I see.
NightOfHorror

Postby lcl » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:33 pm

Take that, NOH!

Me no suck anymore! xDD
Attachments
revoltBestEverScore297.png
BEST EVARR
lcl

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:53 pm

Me no suck anymore! xDD

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! I have declared war until I win.
NightOfHorror

Postby NightOfHorror » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:27 am

Okay, I wanted to do this real quick, earlier, it was hard for me to critique it because I loved it so much, but sadly, when you love a game so much, you play it more, and when you play it more, you realize the bad things that you didn't pick up on more, and then they kind of irritate you to the point of them jumping at you, and now I can actually critique this game.

Graphics and game-play will be the main focus here. lcl brought up a point that I thought of, but didn't know if it was just me thinking it. Yellow, especially the shade you pick, is a very distracting color. I think the robots being yellow is fine, as they are the focus, but the central station being yellow distracts from the robot, and a darker color would be more suitable. Also, the background looks nice, but it too is distracting, and could work better being a little more darker as well.
As for game-play, at first I thought it was because I am not precise, but lcl is right when he says the speed is a bit too much. Perhaps you can let us choose the sensitivity, something rarely done, if at all, on GE.
NightOfHorror

PreviousNext

Return to GE - General