Selling your games and finding graphics, and audio.

Game Editor comments and discussion.

Selling your games and finding graphics, and audio.

Postby badchad024 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Where can i find alot of graphics like characters, objects etc. music and sounds that aren't copyright and that are free? And where do i sell my games at? If someone could help me on this i would appreciate it.
badchad024

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Re: Selling your games and finding graphics, and audio.

Postby Hblade » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:34 pm

I have 3D Styled objects with a smooth 30 frames per object, making them appear really 3D. It should be the first section in game art (at time of this post) It also comes with 40 something sound effects.
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby badchad024 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:33 pm

Ok thanks! But do you know of anywhere else i can find graphics etc? I have trouble drawing out my own animations. And i want music and sounds in my game but cant find music files that loop. Is there a program where you can create custom music? If anyone could help me with this i would really appreciate it.
badchad024

Postby Hblade » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:47 pm

http://nosoapradio.us/

music.

graphics: Search game art :) other than that idk
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby badchad024 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Yes! This is exactly what im looking for. If you find any more music of this kind, please let me know. Thanks!
badchad024

Postby REDNSX » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:38 pm

Won't it be hard to make a game with graphics that you don't creat? What I mean is if you want a dog that runs and jumps a door it would take a long time to find this assists. I thinks you just need to learn how to make them and in the long run you will be better of because any thing you need you create.
REDNSX

Score: 7 Give a positive score

Postby badchad024 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:11 pm

Yes i know i have thought of that but i have found a few that have all the animations i need but my main character im making myself. My problem isn't drawing the shape as much as the detail. Mine just look to plain, plus my paint program only allows for 360', 90', 180', and 270' rotation. I need to be able to rotate at different angles. Unless i just draw em all out which would take me a while.
badchad024

Postby badchad024 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:49 pm

Ok i found a program to help me rotate at any angle. I just need to learn how to make more detailed images.
badchad024

Postby CoFFiN6 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:02 pm

Yeah making custom graphics works best. You should try to get photoshop for your graphics. With the layers and such it really makes things easy. But I do understand it aint free :( .but good luck hey :)
Don't run faster then the dragon, run faster than your friends :P
CoFFiN6

Score: 4 Give a positive score

Postby badchad024 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:04 pm

Thanks ill check it out! Im fairly new to game editor so ill take all the tips i can get.
badchad024

Postby JeffHudson » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:45 pm

Taken from another post (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11555)

You can sell your games to or on certain sites, such as game fish and similar, or you can target the apple appstore, and soon the android marketplace. I believe there should also be a geapp for the mac appstore as well. So you'll be able to sell your games on any of those, though there are still other options. It depends on what platforms you are targeting.

Thanks SkyDeReign for that answer, and heres some help from me. You can sell your game at various locations, those mentioned above, a personal webpage, or even Ebay. (Offer a download link when they purchase.) I can assist you in creating a website to sell and market your own games through, or if you they are decent games then I may offer to sell them on my webpage. Feel free to PM me if you are interested in them, and also the website http://www.gamedev.net has a lot of useful articles on marketing and selling your games. I hope this helped you a little and good luck.

Michael W.
JeffHudson

Postby badchad024 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:45 am

Ok thanks for all the help!
badchad024

Return to GE - General