Questions

Non-platform specific questions.

Questions

Postby SuperSonic » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:25 pm

I started using GE a few days ago and I have some questions about it.

#1: I want to know all the different functions of a canvas. I have thought of many games that could use a canvas, but I don't know how to use it and if it is possible. :(

#2: Is there any way to invert a sprite( Make your character run left instead of right) in GE? :?:

#3: How can I create an event that can sense if the mouse is clicking on an object.

#4: Is there any way to import movies into GE? if so can they have sound?

and finally, #5: How can I export my games as an EXE?

I would REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLY enjoy any support with you fellow editors, and would love some answers to my questions(I will even be happy with mulltiple answers for the same question)
Thank U :P 8) :D
A tree never hits an automobile except in self-defence.

Want to use your joystick or controller with Game Editor? Check out my controller engine =D
SuperSonic

Score: 72 Give a positive score

Re: Questions

Postby DarkParadox » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:29 pm

#1: it's possible to load images, create image editors, scale sprites, draw using lineto() and putpixel(), and such on a canvas.
one example is Pyrometal's bmp24() function: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5819&hilit=bmp24

#2: Reversing the sprite would have to be done in an image editor, or with a canvas, if you have the know-how (I certainly don't how to code something like that yet).

#3: "add event" -> "Mouse Button Down"

#4: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6060

and finally, #5: File -> Export
Last edited by DarkParadox on Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkParadox

Score: 84 Give a positive score

Re: Questions

Postby SuperSonic » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:32 pm

VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY Helpfull.
Thanx :D :D :D :D :D
A tree never hits an automobile except in self-defence.

Want to use your joystick or controller with Game Editor? Check out my controller engine =D
SuperSonic

Score: 72 Give a positive score

Return to General