Ipod wont save highscores to game

Non-platform specific questions.

Ipod wont save highscores to game

Postby zxcvbnm » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:27 am

I made a game with highscore that works on mac and pc. But when I run game on my new ipod , the game wont save the highscore. This is a big problem as you know players like games with highscore save feature. Is there a way to save highscore on the data file itself , ipod doesnt let you add files outside the game itself.
Check out Momo AlienStarcatcher , featured in apples new and noteworthy and has 5 star reviews!!!
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/momo-ali ... 61779?mt=8
zxcvbnm

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Re: Ipod wont save highscores to game

Postby Bee-Ant » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:52 am

I thought you already give up on using GE?
You said it's wasting your time???
Bee-Ant

Score: 210 Give a positive score

Postby Hblade » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:53 pm

Hahaha, as I said before lol, no one can truly stay gone from such an awesome program xD they might get frustrated from time to time and say things they don't mean though lol
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby JUNIORGAMER » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:11 pm

So what if he did say that Bee-Ant? It's obvious you cant answer the question, so why are you even posting in this thread??

zxcvbnm

i would try testing on another ipod device to be sure its not a isolated problem. also post this question in the Mac forums. You probably get a lot of help there.
RCM Productions
JUNIORGAMER

Score: 3 Give a positive score

Postby Hblade » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:06 pm

Please do not argue.

It's simple really, Game Editor most likely doesn't have rights to access / create files outside of it's own application. that or a bug in the GE player
Hblade

Postby skydereign » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:30 pm

Well I've had no problems saving on iPhone. Personally I haven't tested it on one, as I don't own one, but several people from Omni-arts have and it works fine for them.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby zxcvbnm » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Ok I tested the game on ipod2G and it doesnt save. I tried the same game on my parnters iphone4 and it works perfectly fine. It must be some wierd glitch in my ipod2G. Thanks for responses!!!!!
Check out Momo AlienStarcatcher , featured in apples new and noteworthy and has 5 star reviews!!!
zxcvbnm

Postby jimmynewguy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:08 am

really must just be yours, my ipod 2g works :P
Working on a probably too ambitious project! Wild-west-adventure-RPG-shooter-thing.
jimmynewguy

Score: 89 Give a positive score

Postby alexandrefredenucci » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:20 am

it works for me, i use saveVars/loadVars
alexandrefredenucci

Score: 15 Give a positive score

Postby Bee-Ant » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:24 am

JUNIORGAMER wrote:So what if he did say that Bee-Ant? It's obvious you cant answer the question, so why are you even posting in this thread??

I was teasing and joking to kren...
if you don't know what kind of friendship between me and kren, please don't say anything to start a fight
Anyway, I want kren to be the one answer my question, not you...
Bee-Ant

Score: 210 Give a positive score

Postby Hblade » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:16 am

:P

Can I offer you guys a candy or something? xD It'll calm you both down :P

I know deep down inside that if you two were on some other forum you'd be tearing eachother up lol So here's some candy :P

ImageImageImageImage
Hblade

Postby JUNIORGAMER » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:23 pm

HBlade,

I understand keeping it clean, Np. what i don't understand is when someone ask a support question, why would a user post a reply that doesn't help at all, but belittles the person asking the question? When someones joking around, the sentence is usually followed by LOL, or JK. That wasn't the case. His post should be deleted due to the fact it doesn't help or address the question at all.
RCM Productions
JUNIORGAMER

Score: 3 Give a positive score

Postby Hblade » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:52 pm

Alrighty, where do I begin? xD

Hopefully it doesn't come down to me having to delete this whole topic over some disagreements. I'm not authorized to delete a post for that reason, as far as I'm concerned. Kren and Bee have had a long friendship, so I know that bee was just joking around with him :P. I understand that your trying to stick up for kren, and thats nice and all, but look at it from bee's side. Kren understands the joke, I'm sure, so why not just let this topic be? ^^
Hblade

Postby SirAz » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:36 pm

Ok I tested the game on ipod2G and it doesnt save. I tried the same game on my parnters iphone4 and it works perfectly fine. It must be some wierd glitch in my ipod2G. Thanks for responses!!!!!

ok, back on topic.
Probably a conflict with new data, which the ipod2g registers as unauthorised file usage. Vista has the same problem, deleting my quicksaves in Stalker as I didn't write the computer a letter telling it i was gonna be saving my game all of a sudden, or something.

:roll:

Stupid Vista.

Anyway, it might be a security setting on that particular phone if it works on other models. Try exporting the high scores file with the game, so no new files need creating. Otherwise you might have to talk to apple tech support and ask them how to unlock file security.

I'm still getting to grips with iphone so this might be completely wrong, but meh. I try :D
SirAz

Score: 2 Give a positive score

Postby zxcvbnm » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:56 pm

Ok I have solved the problem , had to write save game a whole new way. Now no more glitches , in a week or 2 I will announce my new game for iphone. Its really good and original type game.
zxcvbnm

Next

Return to General