SABRE - (Stable Actor Based Raycasting Engine) - UPDATES!

Post here your demos and examples with the source files.
Forum rules
Always post the games with a screenshot.
The file must have the ged and data files (complete game source)
Use the forum attachment to post the files.
It is always better to use the first post to put the game files

Re: SABRE - (Stable Actor Based Raycasting Engine) - MOUSE L

Postby lcl » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:39 pm

NightOfHorror wrote:I think this should be included in the GE3 event I am about to announce because I can. :wink:

Sure, that would be an honour!
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:19 am

On an off-topic note, I have to remember that in the European area, honor is spelled with that u in it, that confused me, the "honour" for a few seconds. :lol:
On an off-topic note, I have to remember that in the European area, honor is spelled with that u in it, that confused me, the "honour" for a few seconds. :lol:

By the way knuckle, we are both dwilbs. I shall not explain what a dwilb is to anyone if they do not know.
By the way knuckle, we are both dwilbs. I shall not explain what a dwilb is to anyone if they do not know.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:56 pm

NightOfHorror wrote:On an off-topic note, I have to remember that in the European area, honor is spelled with that u in it, that confused me, the "honour" for a few seconds. :lol:

tut tut tut bad Knight
tut tut tut bad Knight
knucklecrunchgames

Score: 17 Give a positive score

Postby bat78 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:13 pm

What are you guys doing
The future of "Game-Editor" here
bat78

Score: 88 Give a positive score

Postby MrJolteon » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:14 pm

NightOfHorror wrote:On an off-topic note, I have to remember that in the European area, honor is spelled with that u in it, that confused me, the "honour" for a few seconds. :lol:

I spell it without the u.
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2
These are the best ways to reach me these days

Your local Community Janitor, always lurking in the shadows...
MrJolteon

Score: 105 Give a positive score

Postby MrJolteon » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:15 pm

bat78 wrote:What are you guys doing

My guess is as good as yours, Ale.
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2
These are the best ways to reach me these days

Your local Community Janitor, always lurking in the shadows...
MrJolteon

Score: 105 Give a positive score

Postby Jagmaster » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:47 pm

Good to see you joined the project Ale!

You and lcl are sure to Kickass and chew bubble gum.
Jagmaster

Score: 82 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:57 pm

Jagmaster wrote:Good to see you joined the project Ale!

You and lcl are sure to Kickass and chew bubble gum.

And we're all out of bubble gum.. 8)
lcl

Postby Zivouhr » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:38 am

Looks cool LCL. I'll take a look and give it a try, thanks!
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
Zivouhr

Score: 59 Give a positive score

Postby Zivouhr » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:10 am

lcl wrote:
NightOfHorror wrote:I think this should be included in the GE3 event I am about to announce because I can. :wink:

Sure, that would be an honour!

I meant to post earlier; finally played this demo and wow, pretty cool first person dungeon crawler style game. I'm guessing for the enemies they can be scaled similar to the way the walls were adjusted. For a 2D engine, this is pretty awesome to see in smooth 3D gameplay. Very cool and great programming LCL.
Zivouhr

Postby lcl » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:42 am

Zivouhr wrote:I meant to post earlier; finally played this demo and wow, pretty cool first person dungeon crawler style game. I'm guessing for the enemies they can be scaled similar to the way the walls were adjusted. For a 2D engine, this is pretty awesome to see in smooth 3D gameplay. Very cool and great programming LCL.

Hi Zivouhr!

Thanks for the positive feedback, man!

In case you didn't read the first post of this topic, I want just to make clear that this project is much more than what was in the .ged you downloaded from the first post. You see, that .ged is my first test of this thing, I've been developing it a lot after that and I've added many cool features to it, you can read about those features from the links you can find from the "Updates"-section of the first post in this topic.

SABRE is not a game. It will be a fully functioning pseudo 3D raycasting engine for Game Editor that everybody can use to make semi-3D games with Game Editor.

Also, to speed up the development of SABRE, I've started this game project: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13297
There's been a few months with no progress, but that's because I've been too tired to do any programming. I'll continue working on the game, and at the same time, on SABRE later this year.

@Everyone: Thanks for all the views guys, SABRE is now the 3rd most viewed topic on the Game Demos -forum section, and that means it's also 3rd on the Most popular -list on the Demos-page on the main site. I have no idea how this has reached so many views. Thank you all for your interest towards SABRE!
lcl

Postby Zivouhr » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:40 pm

That is great to hear LCL. I look forward to your progress with the development of this 3D inspired engine design. If that was only a sample of early programming, I can imagine very good things for the future of your work. 8)

LCL, what do you think about the Super Nintendo and their Mode 7 feature that allowed games to shrink and scale up sprites?

This reminds me of course of Wolfenstein 3D and the first Doom game, but also Phantasy Star on the Sega Master System, where they were able to create first person dungeons to travel through in the RPG game that was at other times an overworld map, though the invisible enemies in that game popped up every few seconds sadly when I think back to that one. Plus the scrolling, as good as it was for that system, is not nearly as smooth as the Sabre engine's.

Keep up the great work!
Zivouhr

Postby bat78 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:12 pm

Zivouhr wrote:That is great to hear LCL. I look forward to your progress with the development of this 3D inspired engine design. If that was only a sample of early programming, I can imagine very good things for the future of your work. 8)

LCL, what do you think about the Super Nintendo and their Mode 7 feature that allowed games to shrink and scale up sprites?

This reminds me of course of Wolfenstein 3D and the first Doom game, but also Phantasy Star on the Sega Master System, where they were able to create first person dungeons to travel through in the RPG game that was at other times an overworld map, though the invisible enemies in that game popped up every few seconds sadly when I think back to that one. Plus the scrolling, as good as it was for that system, is not nearly as smooth as the Sabre engine's.

Keep up the great work!

Hey Zivouhr,
As i remember, Wolfenstein 3D is one of the very firsts 3D games and for our surprise it is made with Java.
Nomatter it is a game written from scratch.. it isn't as powerful as S.A.B.R.E even now lets don't include the future's improvements.
Game Editor isn't non-optimizated for games by nature.. especially if we have to compare that with 80s's standarts.

Hey LCL,
When my ultimate graphical library is done, S.A.B.R.E can be a lot improved.
When it comes to scaling.. i plan to apply Supersampling algorithm and respectively mandatory linear scaling function.
By that.. you can scale external graphics from local code and because of the algorithm i plan to infit.. those resized graphics will be just like a normal huger graphic.
Note that even Photoshop does not support supersampling.
bat78

Postby skydereign » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:30 pm

bat78 wrote:As i remember, Wolfenstein 3D is one of the very firsts 3D games and for our surprise it is made with Java.
Nomatter it is a game written from scratch.. it isn't as powerful as S.A.B.R.E even now lets don't include the future's improvements.
Game Editor isn't non-optimizated for games by nature.. especially if we have to compare that with 80s's standarts.

Wolfenstein 3D was made in x86 assembly and C. Java's alpha release was in 1995, so it couldn't have been written in java since it came out in 1992.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby bat78 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:33 pm

skydereign wrote:
bat78 wrote:As i remember, Wolfenstein 3D is one of the very firsts 3D games and for our surprise it is made with Java.

Wolfenstein 3D was made in x86 assembly and C. Java's alpha release was in 1995, so it couldn't have been written in java since it came out in 1992.

Ahh i see.. that game is so variadic. There are a lot of versions of it and i confused it with the game based on SABRE. I forgot its name now.
bat78

PreviousNext

Return to Game Demos