Pong Entry [Not Fully Finished]

Talk about making games.

Pong Entry [Not Fully Finished]

Postby happyjustbecause » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:46 pm

Here's my Pong Entry, it's not even complete, but it is pretty good for being incomplete. The "enemy" will probably be nearly impossible since it only follows the ball's y axis perfectly, and the scoring isn't very accurate, and the ball occasionally warps through the frame... but like I said, it's not complete. The main thing I like about my attempt at this is the simple use of sounds. Sorry I couldn't finish this in time, but if someone else wants to, I attached the ged and the data instead of an executable.

Controls:

Up arrowkey - Move up
Down Arrowkey - Move down
Right Arrowkey - Background change
Left Arrowkey - Background change
R - Remove Red value from background
G - Remove Green value from background
B - Remove Blue value from background
C - Make background's RGB values equal to 255
Enter - PauseGameOn/Off
Space - Start New Round (can only do if ball is off screen)

Again, I'm sorry I didn't finish this in time, but here's my attempt. Hope you enjoy it
Attachments
Pong Game.zip
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 147 times
ScreenShot.png
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
-Carl Sagan

Night Knight Development Thread
happyjustbecause

Score: 15 Give a positive score

Re: Pong Entry [Not Fully Finished]

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:00 pm

oh you joined, let me edit the judge topic.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:15 pm

Fun game. Like how you can change the color of background. Nice backgrounds too. You know what, since the enemy is impossible, you should make it a survival game where you see how much times you can hit it before you are out. Pretty cool sprites too, I think the game is fun and beautiful. :D
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby SuperSonic » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:47 pm

I can't tell you what I think about the game yet, but I will say that I found a way to beat him. I think I had 13 and he had 11 xD

Anyways, I'll judge yours on the 22th (tommorow) :D
A tree never hits an automobile except in self-defence.

Want to use your joystick or controller with Game Editor? Check out my controller engine =D
SuperSonic

Score: 72 Give a positive score

Postby happyjustbecause » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:29 pm

SuperSonic wrote:I can't tell you what I think about the game yet, but I will say that I found a way to beat him. I think I had 13 and he had 11 xD

Anyways, I'll judge yours on the 22th (tommorow) :D
NightOfHorror wrote:Fun game. Like how you can change the color of background. Nice backgrounds too. You know what, since the enemy is impossible, you should make it a survival game where you see how much times you can hit it before you are out. Pretty cool sprites too, I think the game is fun and beautiful. :D

Thanks for checking it out. The main thing I like is the slight customizing of the background and the different pitches for the different sides of the frame and scoring. That's a really good score as well, I rarely ever got a point while it had like over 10.
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
-Carl Sagan

Night Knight Development Thread
happyjustbecause

Score: 15 Give a positive score

Postby SuperSonic » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:46 pm

happyjustbecause wrote:That's a really good score as well, I rarely ever got a point while it had like over 10.
Haha, it's a bug. Press pause after the ball disapears, then press space a bunch of times and unpause. It creates a bunch of balls, and since the enemy can only follow one, you have a high chance of scoring points on him :D
A tree never hits an automobile except in self-defence.

Want to use your joystick or controller with Game Editor? Check out my controller engine =D
SuperSonic

Score: 72 Give a positive score

Return to Game Development