Particle Effects

You must understand the Game Editor concepts, before post here.

Particle Effects

Postby tarice » Sun May 03, 2009 9:59 pm

Can someone give me a simple particle effect demo. Like when an actor is destroyed.
tarice

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Re: Particle Effects

Postby jimmynewguy » Mon May 04, 2009 1:40 am

i might be the only one curious, but what exactally do you mean by particle effect? any example?
Working on a probably too ambitious project! Wild-west-adventure-RPG-shooter-thing.
jimmynewguy

Score: 89 Give a positive score

Postby tarice » Mon May 04, 2009 11:39 am

Like particle, if you have played geometry wars then you should know what I mean Image like that.
tarice

Postby skydereign » Mon May 04, 2009 6:07 pm

Not sure if this is the best way to do it, but I can only think of two ways right now. Upon a DestroyActor event, create an actor with the particle effect animation, and have it destroy itself upon the animation finish. So create an actor and an animation for the particles, make sure you put it as white, that way you can edit the rgb values to whichever color you wish. The other method would make a single particle actor, and have you're destroyed actor create a bunch flying in several directions... But that is a whole lot more complicated than it should be.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby tarice » Mon May 04, 2009 6:45 pm

skydereign wrote:Not sure if this is the best way to do it, but I can only think of two ways right now. Upon a DestroyActor event, create an actor with the particle effect animation, and have it destroy itself upon the animation finish. So create an actor and an animation for the particles, make sure you put it as white, that way you can edit the rgb values to whichever color you wish. The other method would make a single particle actor, and have you're destroyed actor create a bunch flying in several directions... But that is a whole lot more complicated than it should be.

Yeah I figured that was the best way. I am going to do that.
tarice

Return to Advanced Topics