How would network games work?

Game Editor comments and discussion.

How would network games work?

Postby j2graves » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:26 pm

I'm just curious as to how game editor would access internet space for online games. how would it work?
No games to my name...
j2graves

Score: 19 Give a positive score

Re: How would network games work?

Postby Rux » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:10 pm

I'm not entirely sure, but first we need to program GE so it can save anywhere the user wants instead of the parent folder of the exe. Then we need to program maybe in a website language like java or flash a website that will act as a game server. Then all the games connect and will work like a standard server. In GE the function could be like this...
Code: Select all
DRAW ACTOR
senddata("www.game-editor.com\geserver#"); //and the # sign represents what server to connect too.

This would send all the variables that the server needs. Then all the account files and stuff would be saved on the host's computer.

Idk if this would work, but we need something like this.
I'm not good at coming up with signatures...
Rux

Score: 35 Give a positive score

Re: How would network games work?

Postby MrJolteon » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 am

Rux wrote:I'm not entirely sure, but first we need to program GE so it can save anywhere the user wants instead of the parent folder of the exe. Then we need to program maybe in a website language like java or flash a website that will act as a game server. Then all the games connect and will work like a standard server. In GE the function could be like this...
Code: Select all
DRAW ACTOR
senddata("www.game-editor.com\geserver#"); //and the # sign represents what server to connect too.

This would send all the variables that the server needs. Then all the account files and stuff would be saved on the host's computer.

Idk if this would work, but we need something like this.
or just use a server Program like XtremeWorlds server or Eclipse server. XtremeWorlds: www.xtremeworlds.com Eclipse: www.touchofdeathproductions.com
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2
These are the best ways to reach me these days

Your local Community Janitor, always lurking in the shadows...
MrJolteon

Score: 105 Give a positive score

Return to GE - General