February 2013 tournament WINNER ANNOUNCED

Game Editor comments and discussion.

February 2013 tournament WINNER ANNOUNCED

Postby NightOfHorror » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:42 pm

Let us first congratulate our 2012 champion. NO ONE!!! :P

Okay, so nobody showed up, but I was expecting that, for one, there was not much contestants, and two, some of the contestants were busy, and others were inactive. It is time to move on though. I want that to never happen again, so I am starting right away. I forgot for some days, and now it is the sixth. This contest will be shortened or judge week will be shortened, your pick. As for the theme, here we go.

This month's theme, to start off the new tournament season is Extra-Ordinary. I am doing this because of the Super Bowl, since it is a super event. Let your imagination run wild on this. I may even try to do something. This month I am deciding to let judges enter except for the master judge.

Now for the grading rubric:

Theme- x/10- how well does it follow the theme of this tournament? If the theme total is less than an average of five points, you are disqualified.
Originality- x/10- Is this a new game, or is the same one that we always play and see?
Creativity- x/10- Do they use the elements in this game to enhance game-play?
Title- x/10- If you saw the title of this game, would it make you want to read the back?
sound- x/5- Do they fit in with the graphics, story, and overall, sound good?
music- x/5- Do they fit in with theme, story, action, and overall, make the tempo of the game?
graphics- x/10- Do they appeal to you, do they fit in with the theme, are they a good fit to the story?
game-play- x/10- Is this something with replay value, is it addicting, is it something that is was worth playing?
overall- x/20- How do you feel about this game as a whole?
Judge Total- x/90- The judge grading this must add up the above total to get one grand Judge Total.
Bonus Total- Valentine's Day- x/10- How is this used to enhance game-play?

Master Judge Rubric:

Master Total- x/90j- j=number of judges- Master Judge adds up all of Judges' score to get one grand master total.
Master Bonus- x/10j- Master Judge adds up all of Judges' bonus scores to get one grand Master bonus total.

Whoever has the most points will be winner. If at least four people enter, the master judge will host an award ceremony to announce winners.

The bonus, as like last year, is a tie-breaker. Say Jimmy has 75 points and 10 bonus points, and John has 76 points and 0 bonus points. This does not mean Jimmy has 85 points, therefore beating John. John would still win as he has more points. Now if Jimmy and John both had 75 points, and John had 0 bonus points and Jimmy has 1 bonus point, then Jimmy would win because he won the tie-breaker. If two contestants are still tied after the bonus point tie-breaker, then it is up to the master judge to decide who wins.

Deadline as of now is the 21st, judge week is 22nd-28th and if we have one, an award ceremony is 29th-30th

I hope many enter, and GOOD LUCK, HAVE FUN, and GET STARTED. :D

_NightOfHorror_
_Michael. Joseph. Robertson_
Attachments
SMSYMBOL.png
Last edited by NightOfHorror on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Re: February 2013 tournament

Postby tzoli » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Sorry for not sending anything for the 2012 :(
The only game that I had ready is a Minecraft styled Zombie Apocalypse game(Fanwork to someone) an I totally forgot to post that one. :S
Maybe I can make a game for this tournament...
I hope so... :)
Creepers are capable of climbing ladders, despite lacking arms. (Minecraft wiki)
tzoli

Score: 15 Give a positive score

Postby lverona » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:32 am

Nice idea, but I am so busy with my current game, I am afraid I won't have time to make something for this. But this is a great initiative!
lverona

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:31 pm

Okay, here is the thing right now:
Number of Judges-0.
Number of possible contestants-1 (We need more)
Number of contestants-0
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Postby monsterbrain » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Count me in .... I hate to say this, but i'm a bit frightened to see the BIG LIST of x/10's ..... :)
Visit my site for devlog & Games [Checkout 'Game Ideas' section for ideas free to use -http://monsterblogx.com/game-ideas/ ]

http://www.Monsterblogx.com
monsterbrain

Score: 5 Give a positive score

Postby tzoli » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:36 pm

Count me in too :)
I already started working on the game.
Creepers are capable of climbing ladders, despite lacking arms. (Minecraft wiki)
tzoli

Postby NightOfHorror » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:17 pm

This is great. By the way, the graphics dont have to be your own, but you must get permission and you must give them credit if you want the graphics to count towards the graphics points. I know that not all are good at making art.
NightOfHorror

Postby NightOfHorror » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:19 pm

Okay, here is the stats now.

Number of judges- 1
Number of possible contestants- 3
Number of contestants- 0

I need more judges, and it would be nice if we get one more possible contestant and all four make a game.
NightOfHorror

Postby NightOfHorror » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:49 pm

Stats are same as yesterday. Make sure to participate if you can.
NightOfHorror

Postby monsterbrain » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:26 am

Heres my Entry to Feb 2013 Game Jam.

"Series of XtraOrdinary Levels"

The League of Shadows of the Area 51 has found the Chosen ONE. He's blind and has no Hands.
Doubtful of his powers , they put him to the Tests. Will he make it out alive, from atleast the First test Chamber !!

Music from : Incompetech.com
Graphics made in : GIMP
Audio fx : SFXR, AUDACITY
Engine : GE
Template : Platform Template by [DST Games ?] - Greatly reduced a lot of my work :)

Download from here :
XtraordinaryGamev1.1 - Monster.zip
(7.06 MiB) Downloaded 275 times
Attachments
xtraordinary.jpg
Game Screenshot
Last edited by monsterbrain on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my site for devlog & Games [Checkout 'Game Ideas' section for ideas free to use -http://monsterblogx.com/game-ideas/ ]

http://www.Monsterblogx.com
monsterbrain

Score: 5 Give a positive score

Postby tzoli » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Here is mine too. It's pretty basic but that's what I could do.
Name: Super-Pixelcraft
Condrols: Arrows - Move
Right Shift-Fire
Main goal:Survive as long as you can
Tips:
The smaller circles improve your weapon(faster reload)
The bigger one with attachments are enemies you should avoid them.
Downoload:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/87739508/feb.exe
tzoli

Postby NightOfHorror » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:38 pm

sorry, forgot about this, was busy. I am glad to see contestants! :D
NightOfHorror

Postby NightOfHorror » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:45 pm

I am going to need another judge please. Right now, I am the only one. Since there is only two contestants (please tell me if I missed a contestant please), this is not enough to open a whole new topic for judge week. Also, with only two contestants, there will be no award ceremony. The prizes will be second place, nothing, first place, a point and a 2013 championship pass and 2013 advantage pass. Thank you for participating.
Last edited by NightOfHorror on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NightOfHorror

Postby Hblade » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Is there going to be a tournament next month? o.o
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:33 pm

Of Course there will be. I just need to think of a theme. I am not going to set up polls and let you guys pick March though.

Just to remind you guys, I would really like another judge. I could judge myself, but I like when there is at least two perspectives. If you can help, it will be appreciated. :)
NightOfHorror

Next

Return to GE - General