strange behavior

Non-platform specific questions.

strange behavior

Postby d-soldier » Sun May 06, 2007 2:59 am

.. Recently I've noticed (in my current project) that after I add an animation to an actor, and close the actor control box, some of my actors start animating within GE, while not playing. At first it was just an actor animating, and one actor following a path, now I'm watching an actor shooting at my player... THIS IS IN GE, not while playing the game... Also, I'm getting unreliable behavior from some of my filled-regions set along the VIEW border.. sometimes they stop the player from leaving the screen, other times they suck him right through, all without any modifications... very strange..
d-soldier

Score: 61 Give a positive score

WHAT THE!

Postby kyensoftware » Sun May 06, 2007 3:36 am

WHAT THE!
you should get a memory dumper and dump the memory, makslane!
Check it!
There is obviosly something wrong that can only be fixed with assembly!
I CAN BELIEVE I AM REDING THIS!
ENEMIES SHOOTING AT YOU IN THE EDITOR! (ooh, pac man possesed your enemy to stop you making a good game!(oooh, thats what the icon is for....)
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink: :lol: :wink: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
kyensoftware

Score: 5 Give a positive score

Postby regine » Sun May 06, 2007 7:01 am

Hmmm....

In the Screens in Game Editor future, there is an function Editor Animation. It seems as Makslane has integrated that in "old" GE.
regine

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Postby Game A Gogo » Sun May 06, 2007 11:17 pm

this happens to me too, after you quit from the game mode, you can see some actor that had been created in game mode, and that are not destroyed in GE that are still doing what the last frame script told them to do.
Programming games is an art,
    Respect it.
Game A Gogo

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby Sgt. Sparky » Mon May 07, 2007 12:45 am

Game A Gogo wrote:this happens to me too, after you quit from the game mode, you can see some actor that had been created in game mode, and that are not destroyed in GE that are still doing what the last frame script told them to do.

this has not happened to me in the new version... :|
Random Links:
viewtopic.php?p=19474#19474
Right now (10/14/2009) I'm working on some C++ projects, but I might be able to help if you have some Game Editor questions. :)
Sgt. Sparky

Score: 236 Give a positive score

yep

Postby d-soldier » Mon May 07, 2007 4:19 am

Seems to have stopped since the last version (of the new version)... My filled-area bounderies (physical response to keep the player within the VIEW) still work sometimes and not others though...
d-soldier

Score: 61 Give a positive score

Return to General