Advent: Deep Space (BETA) ready to go!

Post here your demos and examples with the source files.
Forum rules
Always post the games with a screenshot.
The file must have the ged and data files (complete game source)
Use the forum attachment to post the files.
It is always better to use the first post to put the game files

Advent: Deep Space (BETA) ready to go!

Postby PookDGuru » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:09 pm

Advent: Deep Space

As promised, there still are a lot of us in the Game Editor community making games. Some of us are just picky about releasing them; I didn't want to upload it until the game itself was done. And I can finally say, Advent: Deep Space is finally in Beta Mode, and ready for bug testing!

This is an arcade-style shooter game where you control a small spaceship and destroy waves of enemies, set in a layout similar to the old 'Astroid' games. The major difference here is that it's powered by an Engine I built called the EvAuLVE Engine. Basically, the enemies contain long strands of DNA and over time will actually learn how to defeat you, through breeding and assisted growth. This is based of the NEAT (NeuroEvolution of Augmented Topography) system, and adds a very challenging aspect to the game. With an UNLIMITED amount of unique enemies, as well as 8 bosses, 3 commanders, 2 combo systems, 17 power-ups, a pixel-wizard and more, Advent DS is definitely worth a try!

Check out the trailer!

Data Files (340MB):https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ycX7kk7QP2bUI3NU56VThUSnM/view?usp=sharing

Exported Game (277MB):https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ycX7kk7QP2R3VmRVFpQUhmMkU/view?usp=sharing
Last edited by PookDGuru on Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
Check out Advent: Deep Space!
PookDGuru

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Re: Advent: Deep Space (BETA) ready to go!

Postby PookDGuru » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:15 pm

Please excuse the wild and wacky code! I am no professional, and (while I've worked on many games) this is the first game I've actually finished. I never actually learned to code, what I know is almost entirely from experimentation from within Game Editor (I've been using it for nearly 10 years now, since I was 11 or so), so the functions are messy and the code is convoluted. Nonetheless, I hope you all enjoy it; a lot of hard work!
PookDGuru

Postby Hblade » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:37 pm

Very impressive so far from the screenshots! =D Excellent man.
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby PookDGuru » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:03 pm

Thank you! I am working on a youtube demo right now, so that the features can be seen before downloading.
PookDGuru

Postby PookDGuru » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:48 pm

Youtube demo is up and ready! The [youtube] thing doesn't work tho, so I just linked it
PookDGuru

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:03 am

PookDGuru wrote:Youtube demo is up and ready! The [youtube] thing doesn't work tho, so I just linked it

use http instead of https

source: Lcl.
knucklecrunchgames

Score: 17 Give a positive score

Postby Turon » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:02 pm

From what I can see from those screen shots this game is amazing! Wow it takes a long time to download! What process did it take to make those graphics?
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby PookDGuru » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:57 am

Turon wrote:From what I can see from those screen shots this game is amazing! Wow it takes a long time to download! What process did it take to make those graphics?

Thanks!

Well, first, the graphics looked more like this:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (5.74 KiB) Viewed 6869 times

But the game wasn't looking all that nice; it felt kinda like a bunch of word document cut-outs that were being dragged across the screen. So I inverted the colors, made the inside transparent, and colorized it. Then just used a drop-shadow effect and blurred it out, then colored it a bright color to make it all glowy.

And then when I made all the bosses I just directly made neon things, by drawing it on GIMP, porting the pieces to Spriter Pro, adding more glow to the spritesheet on GIMP, and then sizing it in Game Editor.
PookDGuru

Postby JamesLeonardo32 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:18 pm

This is pretty impressive from what i tried so far! I'm not too good at these kind of Shmups but i'd still like to see the final product! :)
JamesLeonardo32

Score: 36 Give a positive score

Return to Game Demos