Game Editor future

Game Editor comments and discussion.

Re: Game Editor future

Postby 247wkman » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:09 pm

g.e look good as is, that is, it feels akin to working with lego- all your pieces/sprite spilled out on the canvas for you to arrange as desired. it looked primative to game maker at first, till you realise how much easier it is conceptually to see all your assets in one place. though i do wonder how eppically huge you could make your scence before you ran out of ram to navagate it!
247wkman

Score: 3 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:21 am

Will new interface still happen? If not, it's ok, just want to see how it works :wink:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby sonicfire » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:56 pm

any news on multitouch support for i-devices? :)
sonicfire

Score: 16 Give a positive score

Postby irblinx » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:12 am

So I'm back after a couple of years not having time to do any development and was very pleased to find the advances in the ability to export to different formats not to mention Mac OS support since I no longer use a Windiws PC.

So all very positive up until the point that I actually opened GE, the interface is exactly the same as it was when I first used GE :-( Has the new interface been abandoned?
irblinx
http://www.irblinx.me.uk/Crania.htm
Current projects: Crania deluxe for Mac, iCrania
irblinx

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Postby needaname » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:16 pm

pretty much. i read a post a while ago that said mak wanted to continue it but he aint around much anymore. akr is working on 1.5 which has nothing to do with the new interface just awesome things like physics scaling and the list goes on.
needaname

Score: 4 Give a positive score

Postby Kodo » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Welcome back irblinx! Hope you've been keeping well?
The source for the new interface is still included as part of the project and is available for someone to complete if they want to. I just think that Mak has had to concentrate on other things for a while, and while the current interface (mainly the scripting window) has some issues the editor as a whole is excellent as it is. I'd rather have the physics and rotation currently being worked on by Akr than a new interface personally. Don't forget that GE hasn't been standing still all this time, you can now export to iPhone, iPod & iPad, which to me is huge!

Good to see you back :)
Inogames: http://www.inogames.com iOS gaming
Firetop Adventure (app store): http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/firetop- ... ?mt=8&ls=1
Kodo

Score: 23 Give a positive score

Previous

Return to GE - General