SABRE - (Stable Actor Based Raycasting Engine) - UPDATES!

Post here your demos and examples with the source files.
Forum rules
Always post the games with a screenshot.
The file must have the ged and data files (complete game source)
Use the forum attachment to post the files.
It is always better to use the first post to put the game files

Re: SABRE - (Stable Actor Based Raycasting Engine) - MOUSE L

Postby MrJolteon » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:29 am

raylen wrote:
knucklecrunchgames wrote:
raylen wrote:Warning! Very offtopic! (sorry lcl)

I like your short posts with emotions raylen, it made my day :mrgreen:

+1 (when I can give it :P)

to knucklecrunchgames: Thank you! :P f.w.i. I am trying to keep your post somehow on topic :)

to lcl: keep up the good work! If you can, can you keep us informed on how far you are in the project?

**sorry for any improper grammar. :oops:

you can only have 5 smiles?

Yes, but if you copy the smiley's image url and put it in an [img] tag, you can have infinite smilies.
Like this:
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2
These are the best ways to reach me these days

Your local Community Janitor, always lurking in the shadows...
MrJolteon

Score: 105 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:15 pm

GEuser wrote:Looking awesome icl. Good luck with it!

Thank you!

raylen wrote:to lcl: keep up the good work! If you can, can you keep us informed on how far you are in the project?

Yes, I will try my best to keep updating this topic when some progress is made.
You can also monitor a topic of a game I'm making with Sabre, here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13297
That topic will inform about updates on the game, but quite many of them are actually at the same time updates to Sabre.
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Postby raylen » Wed May 07, 2014 10:56 am

:P
raylen

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Wed May 07, 2014 2:10 pm

raylen wrote::P

If you think why I don't publish Sabre 2.0 already if I'm making a game with it myself, here's the reason: Sabre 2.0 is not ready, not at all.

How can I then be making a game with it? As the game project progresses, I face things I need to add to Sabre, and then I make them. So, really developing that game is a way for me to speed up Sabre's development. It also makes me notice a lot of things that need to be added which I could have forgotten about if I was only working on Sabre.

Here's a list of updates added to Sabre while I've been working on the game:
  • Hotspots - walkable areas that activate things (4 different types)
  • Level struct - allows for having multiple levels, each of them having an own map, own sprites and own hotspots
  • Texture struct - allows giving wall textures more attributes, including adjustable speed animation and definable height
  • Sabre project controls - project mode switching between editor mode, test exporting mode and publishing mode
  • Modifications to sprite struct - allows for adding pickable objects
  • And more...

:D
lcl

Postby sonicforvergame » Wed May 07, 2014 3:01 pm

lcl wrote:If you think why I don't publish Sabre 2.0 already if I'm making a game with it myself, here's the reason: Sabre 2.0 is not ready, not at all.

How can I then be making a game with it? As the game project progresses, I face things I need to add to Sabre, and then I make them. So, really developing that game is a way for me to speed up Sabre's development. It also makes me notice a lot of things that need to be added which I could have forgotten about if I was only working on Sabre.

Here's a list of updates added to Sabre while I've been working on the game:
  • Hotspots - walkable areas that activate things (4 different types)
  • Level struct - allows for having multiple levels, each of them having an own map, own sprites and own hotspots
  • Texture struct - allows giving wall textures more attributes, including adjustable speed animation and definable height
  • Sabre project controls - project mode switching between editor mode, test exporting mode and publishing mode
  • Modifications to sprite struct - allows for adding pickable objects
  • And more...

:D

Freakin' awesome man
Kaizoku ni ore wa naru
sonicforvergame

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Postby Jagmaster » Fri May 09, 2014 12:27 am

Awesome indeed.

I've been playing a lot of raycast based fps games lately. Had to try out Wolfenstien and Duke Nukem 3D :P
lcl wrote:Texture struct - allows giving wall textures more attributes, including adjustable speed animation and definable height

Definable height would be amazing.

Also had a question, are walls with transparency possible? Sort of like this -
The walls have a window in them that allow you to see what's on the other side, would that make sabre explode?
(This is a game called Rouge Shooter, and it's more clever than it sounds)

Anyways keep up the good work.
Jagmaster

Score: 82 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Fri May 09, 2014 2:16 pm

Jagmaster wrote:I've been playing a lot of raycast based fps games lately. Had to try out Wolfenstien and Duke Nukem 3D :P

I think I should try out some of these games too, for seeing what they have done to make raycasting seem more interesting.

Jagmaster wrote:Also had a question, are walls with transparency possible? Sort of like this -
The walls have a window in them that allow you to see what's on the other side, would that make sabre explode?

That's definitely possible and I've actually been already messing with adding that. However the problem is that in Sabre, the world consists of blocks. And you see why that wouldn't work so well with transparent walls. The walls would still be one block wide, and well, that with windows on it would look kinda... weird I guess.

I could of course give a try for the option of defining which sides of the blocks would be drawn and collidable with and which wouldn't... That could get complicated, but I'll maybe give it a try and see what I can do.
lcl

Postby lcl » Sat May 31, 2014 12:04 am

Some updates concerning the SABRE World Editor.

The World Editor project has been rebooted due to bad coding in the first version.
Read more about the new version and it's upcoming features in this post on this topic: SABRE World Editor update post.

I'm also happy to announce that SABRE development isn't a one-man project anymore!
The wonderful bat78, Ale by his real name, the best coder and wisest guy of all, is currently working on multiple incredible Add-ons for SABRE.
I won't now tell what the Add-ons are exactly, but be patient, Ale will most likely announce the first Add-on in the near future. :)
Last edited by lcl on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lcl

Postby bat78 » Sat May 31, 2014 8:53 am

lcl wrote:Some updates concerning the SABRE World Editor.

The World Editor project has been rebooted due to back coding in the first version.
Read more about the new version and it's upcoming features in this post on this topic: SABRE World Editor update post.

I'm also happy to announce that SABRE development isn't a one-man project anymore!
The wonderful bat78, Ale by his real name, the best coder and wisest guy of all, is currently working on multiple incredible Add-ons for SABRE.
I won't now tell what the Add-ons are exactly, but be patient, Ale will most likely announce the first Add-on in the near future. :)

Just confirmation that all of LCL's utterance is true and thank you.. for the flattery lcl ^^. speaking of teamwork, we're sometimes working synchronized as we aways let each other to spectate the progress. Precisely thats the point of being in team. Besides the point, you are leeding the general threat in improbability, so i wouldn't dare to ruin that by making you link my stuff.. complications xP

How people think SABRE will look:
Just to say.. i have nothing against the 1992 Wolfenstein. Its a base of SABRE tho.

How it will actually look:
being minimalistic. It'll have btter graphics and much more content.
The future of "Game-Editor" here
bat78

Score: 88 Give a positive score

Postby DeltaLeeds » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:26 pm

bat78 wrote:
lcl wrote:Some updates concerning the SABRE World Editor.

The World Editor project has been rebooted due to back coding in the first version.

Just confirmation that all of LCL's utterance is true and thank you.. for the flattery lcl ^^. speaking of teamwork, we're sometimes working synchronized as we aways let each other to spectate the progress. Precisely thats the point of being in team. Besides the point, you are leeding the general threat in improbability, so i wouldn't dare to ruin that by making you link my stuff.. complications xP

How people think SABRE will look:
Just to say.. i have nothing against the 1992 Wolfenstein. Its a base of SABRE tho.

How it will actually look:
being minimalistic. It'll have btter graphics and much more content.

Bat78, we are happy to have you join in SABRE's development, and because of this... SABRE is skyrocketting! Yaaaaaay!! Can't wait to see development!
If SABRE is perfect, gE will be one of the best game making engine ever!!! Nothing can stop game-editor (feat. SABRE)! Muahahahha!! :twisted:
Currently: Semi-Active.
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
DeltaLeeds

Score: 38 Give a positive score

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:37 pm

could you make a third person game?
knucklecrunchgames

Score: 17 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:04 pm

knucklecrunchgames wrote:could you make a third person game?

Of course. :)
lcl

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:41 pm

lcl wrote:
knucklecrunchgames wrote:could you make a third person game?

Of course. :)

wow!
knucklecrunchgames

Postby NightOfHorror » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:46 pm

I think this should be included in the GE3 event I am about to announce because I can. :wink:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:33 pm

NightOfHorror wrote:I think this should be included in the GE3 event I am about to announce because I can. :wink:

lol you posted double posts :lol:

lol you posted double posts :lol:
knucklecrunchgames

PreviousNext

Return to Game Demos