How to play

Non-platform specific questions.

How to play

Postby Melira » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:28 pm

I don't understand the way you finish your game so that you can play it. Until now, I have put actors, done paths, and they move, but I don't know how to make them interact e.g., one eating another etc, and how I can use keys in order to control the movements as a player and not in an automatically way as I am seeing it now when I go to "Game mode"
Melira

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:22 pm

To make your actors live, you must use Events and Actions.
A good start is run the Game Editor tutorials in Game Editor help menu:

To see how use Key events go to:
Help -> Event and Actions -> Key Down

Is a good idea see all other tutorials too!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Script editor doesn't work

Postby Melira » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:53 pm

[i][color=orange]Hi, Thank you very much for your answer!! Now I am in trouble when trying to go to script editor, there is a window that says: error (so I can't acced to the window where I could put the formulas). How can I solution this problem? AND I don't understand the meaning of "canvas actor", or the difference btw it and the other kinds of actor. Thanks. [
Melira

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:39 pm

The message just say "Error"?

With Canvas Actor you can use the drawing functions.
You can use "Filled Region" or "Wire Frame Region" Actor to make some kind of sensor on screen, for example.

You catch mouse clicks inside Filled Region actor.
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Postby Just4Fun » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:39 am

Hello Melira,

If you are still having trouble understanding the various GE actor types, go to the GE file menu under Help. Choose "Documentation". After the documentation loads, select the link on the left under "Main Menu" for "Add Actor". This link will lead you to documentation on how "Normal, Canvas, Region, Filled Region, and Wire Frame" actors are used in GE.

Game Editor is a very elegant program. It takes some time to learn it, but you will find that it gets easier as you work with it. You don't really need to know any programming language to use GE. If you get stuck there are some very good programmers here. Just post your questions and the chances are good that someone will have an answer.

If no one answers, you can always count on Makslane, and he is a programming god! :wink:

HTHs...
I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

** Makslane == Genious **
Just4Fun

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Return to General