Actor Isn't Visible

Non-platform specific questions.

Actor Isn't Visible

Postby happyjustbecause » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:59 pm

So, during creation of my HP bar, I made an animation for it, and it seems that it is completely visible when it has only 1 vertical frame, but when it has any more than that, it will be cut off, and not show up properly. And for the proper number, 9, it is completely invisible. So any ideas why? If I use multiple files for it, instead of the one file with all the animations in one image, the multiple files works just fine. I don't know if it is better to use multiple files or singular files or not, but I think the data looks cleaner and neater with only one file per animation.

So, I attached the picture, and maybe someone could just start a new game in gameEditor and see what I mean?
Attachments
HUDMoon.png
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
-Carl Sagan

Night Knight Development Thread
happyjustbecause

Score: 15 Give a positive score

Re: Actor Isn't Visible

Postby skydereign » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:10 pm

Since you already made this post, I didn't respond to that question in the pm. But, your top frame is completely invisible. gE has problems initializing animations that do that (when in the stage). So until an outside actor is able to prod it, gE pretends it isn't created. Easiest fix is to set the animation to moving when on the stage. To do so, in the actor panel, change the button that says [Stop] to [Move] (it's the top right one).
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Re: Actor Isn't Visible

Postby happyjustbecause » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:14 pm

Oh okay, thank you!
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
-Carl Sagan

Night Knight Development Thread
happyjustbecause

Score: 15 Give a positive score

Return to General