super mario 3RD DIMENSION

Post here your demos and examples with the source files.
Forum rules
Always post the games with a screenshot.
The file must have the ged and data files (complete game source)
Use the forum attachment to post the files.
It is always better to use the first post to put the game files

super mario 3RD DIMENSION

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:29 pm

Capture.PNG
OLD MARIO IS STUCK IN 2012 MARIO WORLD. HELP HIM GET BACK IN THIS GAME

only for windows -
super mario bros 3D dimension.exe
(2.48 MiB) Downloaded 1399 times
knucklecrunchgames

Score: 17 Give a positive score

Re: super mario 3RD DIMENSION

Postby AliceXIII » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:36 pm

your resolution is real huge (1360*768) my screen wont go up to that resolution, i imagine you have a larger screen than most people?

i only assume this because i've seen alot of people having problems with your screen resolution on other demos you've posted.

it's best to make your screen resolution 640*480 for your exported demos that way anyone can run them!
"Taking a breath of fresh air."
AliceXIII

Score: 37 Give a positive score

Postby sonicforvergame » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:01 am

well you are a fast one
look like you made some games right now
but...making a mario game is cool but you should shange the mario story
Like sonic.exe it is a normal sonic game but it is bloody and scary(this what everybody says not me :P )
so you should trie changing a little bit the story and good luke
By the way what is the point with that game maker of yours(knuckel crunch thing i don't remember :?: :?: :?: )
Kaizoku ni ore wa naru
sonicforvergame

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:19 am

AliceXIII wrote:your resolution is real huge (1360*768) my screen wont go up to that resolution, i imagine you have a larger screen than most people?

i only assume this because i've seen alot of people having problems with your screen resolution on other demos you've posted.

it's best to make your screen resolution 640*480 for your exported demos that way anyone can run them!

well its for big screens but thanks for telling me with screen to use
knucklecrunchgames

Postby AliceXIII » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:55 pm

yeah most people here dont have large screens so at least for your demos the smaller resolution would help us out ;)
AliceXIII

Postby happyjustbecause » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:47 pm

Cool you're making so many games so quickly :). While the topic of screen resolution for the release of demos, I might as well find out some info.

AliceXIII wrote:your resolution is real huge (1360*768) my screen wont go up to that resolution, i imagine you have a larger screen than most people?

So 640 x 480 is the best resolution for the release of a demo? My game is meant for 1200 x 800, but does that mean if I release a demo, only a small amount of people will be able to play it? I could change the resolution, but then certain things are in the wrong placement and it just isn't what it is supposed to be.
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
-Carl Sagan

Night Knight Development Thread
happyjustbecause

Score: 15 Give a positive score

Postby AliceXIII » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:18 pm

no resolution is the best, the only difference is how big the screen is!

i could run 1200*800 but not 1360*768 it just depends on what everyone else has out there, i say 640*480 only because any computer could run 640*480.
AliceXIII

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:04 pm

AliceXIII wrote:

yeah most people here dont have large screens so at least for your demos the smaller resolution would help us out ;)

ok
knucklecrunchgames

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:05 pm

:(
happyjustbecause wrote:Cool you're making so many games so quickly :). While the topic of screen resolution for the release of demos, I might as well find out some info.

So 640 x 480 is the best resolution for the release of a demo? My game is meant for 1200 x 800, but does that mean if I release a demo, only a small amount of people will be able to play it? I could change the resolution, but then certain things are in the wrong placement and it just isn't what it is supposed to be.

yeah the only problem is i'm not good at art :(
knucklecrunchgames

Postby 247wkman » Thu May 30, 2013 10:11 pm

g.e uses only the cpu for graphics and it has an intollerance for non standared resolutions. 1174x664 is the lowest hd rez you can have without issues for widescreen 16/9 ratio's. below this you will generally have to lay your game out for 4/3 ratio screens. with 640x480, on a widescreen monitor, it will be stretched but most monitors have ratio settings to correct this- enabling pure square pixel goodness. the same can be said for any 4/3 standared resolution above this, such as pal 720x576, 800x600 etc.
the widest fullscrren res below 1174x664 is 720x480- which is not as wide as 16/9 and will suffer SOME stretching. it is possible to 'squash' your sprites in advance to cater for the stretching but non desirable to loose valuable pixes on sub hd sprites to achieve this.
if you try 720x405- 16/9 or not it for me ends up in extreme letterbox. setting monitor to 4/3 will give you your 16/9 but at the sacrifice of thick boarders, and is generally the same issue for all non standared sub hd rezes.
i would like to have been able to use 720x405 as although hd is awsome g.e has no graphics card access and is 32bit so you got 3.5gig of ram max, however much more ram your machine has.

i wonder if a amd apu A6/8/10 would fair better than my intel i52500k, considering these chip have massivly superior build in graphics.
247wkman

Score: 3 Give a positive score

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:14 pm

ok here is the source files
mario bros pc.zip
(5.87 MiB) Downloaded 400 times
knucklecrunchgames

Return to Game Demos