My story..

Game Editor comments and discussion.

My story..

Postby bat78 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:26 am

Hi,
I have been thinking of how did i get here. I will write it out before i forget.

Long ago (in the year of 2008) i found a bulgarian site for downlads. www.download.bg lol
It was all free and the first programs i have tried are downloaded from there. Also a scary game called Penumbra.
Looking for games.. i found a download named "Game-Editor", it was exciding for me and i decided to give it a try.
It was gE 1.9.0 demo i think.. with a blinking shiny text on the bottom right of the screen when game exported. It was demo for 90 days or something like that. (tho, system restore gived me 90 days more XD)
I was firstly and mostly interested in the platform sample game. I were toying with it and teh diamondz. With null skills of programming or english.
After a short while i registered in forums. The site look'd simple, white/yellow. It look'd professional. And.. after i saw a code example in the site i got a headache. I realized i'll never be using code.
After a while i learnt to use x = x + 1 and some other complex codes.. such as textNumber = textNumber + 1.
My first game is the Escape genre game "Escape From Room 2" (there wasn't 1, i just liked how it looks with 2)
After i published that game.. i had a gE user in my ex skype.. not sure who it was.. pyrometal or maybe DarkParadox i dont mind.
The first person i was talking to. The first person posted on my threat.. is @sirmashni1
He said that he ruled my game after 5 sec. ... ....... :cry:
Y.yeah..
I have made lots of programs and games till now.. but i haven't published them. My reasons..
DarkParadox addicted me to programming. He is impressive, he have written piles of lines. Now im mostly programming from scratch. Right now im making my own IDE. (Sort of text editor)
*Ale beings tired*
The future of "Game-Editor" here
bat78

Score: 88 Give a positive score

Re: My story..

Postby DeltaLeeds » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:31 am

Well, this is really interesting, and you found game editor in a download site? Woo, game editor sure has popularity. And you really are a programming prodigy Bat.
P.S: There's another topic dedicated for these kinds of posts: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13188
Currently: Semi-Active.
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
DeltaLeeds

Score: 38 Give a positive score

Return to GE - General