THE LAST MONTHLY TOURNAMENT: 2014 February Tournament

Game Editor comments and discussion.

Re: THE LAST MONTHLY TOURNAMENT: 2014 February Tournament

Postby NightOfHorror » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:41 am

Before I forget, I guess I should make this official and declare TheCrackedPot and his game Revolt the winner of this tournament. Although you were the only contestant, you had an amazing score, so it was a well-earned win. Now I can start the NightOfHorror Hall of Fame.

Prize- Pass to 2014 championship tournament, an advantage pass, and a point.

Congrats.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:43 am

NightOfHorror wrote:CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! I have declared war until I win.

Haha, I had that same attitude towards your high score. :D

@CrackedP0t: I have rated your game and I also included quite a thorough feedback about the game into the rating. If you want to read my thoughts about it, you can ask NOH or me to send the rating to you as a PM. :)
Basically, I love the game and enjoy playing it. There was just a few things I wanted to point out to help you make it even better. :) Congratulations for making such an awesome game! :D
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:47 am

okay, I can now say, all prizes have been handed out, this tournament is officially over. Thanks to all who participated. :D
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Postby NightOfHorror » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:41 am

I have to ask, does anyone encounter a problem where the station's movement is buggy and shakes left/right?
NightOfHorror

Postby DeltaLeeds » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:55 am

NightOfHorror wrote:okay, I can now say, all prizes have been handed out, this tournament is officially over. Thanks to all who participated. :D

Wow, time sure flies! I remembered it like yesterday when this tournament began. It's over already... It might be because of this stupid film project and other stuff going on in school. Still, I'm glad to be part of the tournament! :D

NightOfHorror wrote:I should have posted this a few hours a go, but I wanted to buy you time, but it seems like Cracked is the only contestant. Although him winning means only one thing, we are going to judge it still, as it has the chance at being the highest rated game of all time in these tournaments. :)

I say he deserves it!! This game is addicting, fast paced and well, a great game! I'm still trying to beat lcl's high score, but only 256 so far! xD
Kudos to you CrackedP0t! :D

P.S: 2 month long tournaments, I'm going to follow this! :D
Currently: Semi-Active.
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
DeltaLeeds

Score: 38 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:03 am

Mine is 253, how the heck did you do it lcl!!!!!!!!!!!! I shall regain my reign of championshipness.

Now it is 275, but I accidentally hit again instead of submit as the website is working for me now.

and here is my screenshot to prove it
Attachments
275.png
NightOfHorror

Postby lcl » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:32 pm

NightOfHorror wrote:I have to ask, does anyone encounter a problem where the station's movement is buggy and shakes left/right?

I have this problem every now and then. But I'm using the old version, because of the new verison's bug with the automated collectors.

NightOfHorror wrote:Mine is 253, how the heck did you do it lcl!!!!!!!!!!!! I shall regain my reign of championshipness.

Now it is 275, but I accidentally hit again instead of submit as the website is working for me now.

and here is my screenshot to prove it

I think I found out how I got my superb score.. it involves a bug.
The time is counting even when you are in the introduction menu, before pressing start.
So, if you open up the game, but don't start playing immediately, but instead let the game wait there for some time,
you'll get more time to your score.

How I found this out? I was showing the game to someone, and opened it up a good while before starting to play.
I then played and the play-through wasn't exceptionally good, pretty much an average one for me, but then the game showed a high score of 370 seconds, and
that made me pretty suspicious. Then I tested my theory and it proved right.

What I think must be done now is to reset the high score list, since the scores can't be trusted anymore, fix the bug, and make the high score list check what version of the game has been used, and to accept only the scores done in the fixed version.
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:00 am

This calls for a finalized version of this game that fixes all the problems we stated, and this game will be even more awesome.
NightOfHorror

Postby NightOfHorror » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:23 pm

This forum has been dead for a couple of days, so I will change that by saying tonight at 12:00 am if I remember, the March/April tournament thread will be up. :D
NightOfHorror

Postby CrackedP0t » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:07 pm

Awesome
:P
You're right, what's been with the forum?
Also, I've been debugging Revolt.
/人 ◕‿‿◕ 人\
Fang Pictures, my game development company:
http://fangpictures.comuf.com
CrackedP0t

Score: 8 Give a positive score

Postby DeltaLeeds » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:31 am

I was busy with school... Sorry... And I really hope to see the March Tournament! :D
P.S: Can't wait for Revolt's finalized version. xD
Currently: Semi-Active.
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
DeltaLeeds

Score: 38 Give a positive score

Previous

Return to GE - General