Game editor will not load my game! HELP PLEASE!!

Non-platform specific questions.

Game editor will not load my game! HELP PLEASE!!

Postby yellowpants92 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:23 pm

Hello everyone,
I am brand new to this software, and first off i must say that it is AMAZING! I have been working on a game for a couple of days now and it was coming along quite nicely. But last night i tried to go into game mode and an error came up that there was not enough space to run the game. Now i can't even load the game to edit it. Game editor either freezes and become unresponsive or tells me that it has encountered an error and needs to close. If anyone knows what the problem may be i would be forever grateful!

Thanks in advance =)

It would help to know if it is my computer, so if someone could try and load my game and let me know what happens that would be awesome =)
Attachments
trial game 2.ged
(64.11 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Last edited by yellowpants92 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yellowpants92

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Re: Game editor will not load my game! HELP PLEASE!!

Postby schnellboot » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:28 pm

there is no way to fix this I think ..
schnellboot

Score: 102 Give a positive score

Postby Kodo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:05 pm

I haven't tried downloading yet because for us to try loading the game you will need to include all the files in the data directory, unless there are none?
Inogames: http://www.inogames.com iOS gaming
Firetop Adventure (app store): http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/firetop- ... ?mt=8&ls=1
Kodo

Score: 23 Give a positive score

Postby yellowpants92 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:25 pm

Kodo wrote:I haven't tried downloading yet because for us to try loading the game you will need to include all the files in the data directory, unless there are none?

Like i said i'm brand new to this, what do you mean by the data directory?
yellowpants92

Postby Kodo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:11 pm

No problem :) when you save your game in the editor for the first time it will create a data directory in the same location as the ged file, this data directory is used by game-editor to store all the art, sound, music ect that are used by your game. If you send someone your game without including the data directory the editor cant load your game because it cant find the files it needs. It doesn't sound like this is your problem because game-editor is pretty good at letting you know if it cant find a file it needs, but for us to try and load your Ged file successfully we would need it...

...That said, I have now downloaded your ged file and tried to load it, and I think that even if we had your data directory it wouldn't help, it seems to stop responding before it can complain about any missing files. I've never seen a problem like this before. I think you'll need Makslane or Akr to check this out.
Inogames: http://www.inogames.com iOS gaming
Firetop Adventure (app store): http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/firetop- ... ?mt=8&ls=1
Kodo

Score: 23 Give a positive score

Postby yellowpants92 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:21 am

Oh alright that makes sense, i found it! Thanks for dropping some knowledge on me:)

Yea looking around i didnt really see anything that sounded like this happening! :oops: Well thanks anyways for the help :)
yellowpants92

Return to General