April Awards

Game Editor comments and discussion.

April Awards

Postby NightOfHorror » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:07 pm

So Now I will start the April Awards. I promise this will be last topic for April tournament. In this, third will be announced today. Than Second, which will be announced today. Lastly, first, which will be announced tomorrow. Have fun hearing the award ceremony.
Attachments
Gold Silver and Bronze Trophies.jpg
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Re: April Awards

Postby NightOfHorror » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:08 pm

Okay, first we will announce the honorary trophy winner (third place). So who will get the bronze? Even I don't know. :)

Prize-
- Bragging Rights
- Point
Attachments
Bronze trophy.jpg
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Postby skydereign » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:54 pm

Third place goes to tintran's circular pong.

First and second place will be announced tomorrow.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:03 pm

Congratulations tintran. Thank you for participating in this tournament. I will give you prizes of bragging rights for being third and one point.

To all who didn't see the honorary trophy winner's game. Here is a link to the topic in which it is on. Third last post on that page.

Circular Pong
Created by: tintran
Link to game post- viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11799&start=30

:D
NightOfHorror

Postby NightOfHorror » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:11 pm

As sky mentioned, second and first will be announced tomorrow since I hear it was close. I will post prizes for each.

Prizes-
Second-
- bragging rights
- able to participate in 2012 championship tournament
- one point

First-
- bragging rights
- able to participate in 2012 championship tournament
- two points
Attachments
Silver Trophy.jpg
Who will be runner-up?
Gold Trophy.jpg
And the better question, who will be crowned champion?
NightOfHorror

Postby Hblade » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:18 pm

Grats Tintrin :D
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:30 pm

Sky, whenever you are ready, you can finish this awards ceremony. Who's coming home with the gold? :D
NightOfHorror

Postby skydereign » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:28 pm

The second and first place games were extremely close, almost a direct tie (the difference decided by a little over 0.01 percent). Perhaps this merits a forum vote or some other type of sudden death to determine the winner (as by normal rounding schemes, the games would have had equal percents). In the end, that is up to NightOfHorror.

As the fractional difference stands, second place goes to Hblade's Adventure Pong, and first place to xball.
skydereign

Postby NightOfHorror » Tue May 01, 2012 1:28 am

Wait, what do you mean by .01 percent? Anyways, wouldn't the bonus have made you win anyways?

But anyways, Congratulations Hblade for earning second place. Even though you didn't get first, you have bragging rights, a pass to enter the almighty 2012 championship tournament, and a point. :D

If you haven't played our second place winner's game then here is your chance to.
Adventure Pong
Created By: HBlade
Game Link- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11870

Now, most glory to skydereign as you are the April 2012 Champion! You earn bragging rights, two points, and a pass to enter the almighty 2012 championship tournament, and since you are first place, an advantage will be handed to you that could be helpful.

If you haven't gotten the chance to play April's champion's game, here is your chance.
xball
Created By: skydereign
Game Link- http://www.mediafire.com/?ydlka8jes5gc50l

H and Sky, I will send you a pass to the tournament as proof of your accomplishment in April and if you lose it you can send me a link to this topic as proof. Sky, I will send you an advantage pass, and if you lose that, you lose the advantage. I will give H his points first, then I will give Sky his two points.

To all participants, I have a few messages for you. If you would like to know your score and what place YOU got, pm sky. As for me, I got fourth place. You can only ask for your own risk of getting hurt.

One final message. Thank you to all participants and judges in this contest. It was a success and you are who made it a success. Next tournament will start on May 2nd.

_NightOfHorror_
Last edited by NightOfHorror on Tue May 01, 2012 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
NightOfHorror

Postby Hblade » Tue May 01, 2012 1:47 am

May 2nd got it :D And fun! :) Grats sky.

What will the next tournament be? Perhaps a fighting game?
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Tue May 01, 2012 2:17 am

No, it will be pac-man. It won't be June either, I have plans for that too. You can get started on your game if you feel like it. May 2nd is just when I explain everything.
NightOfHorror

Postby skydereign » Tue May 01, 2012 3:07 am

NightOfHorror wrote:Wait, what do you mean by .01 percent? Anyways, wouldn't the bonus have made you win anyways?

Since I decided not to rate my own game I had to use percents instead of points to compare the games (otherwise I could only have a max of 60 points, instead of. The end result was the two total percents being less than 0.0111 apart. If both percents were rounded, we'd have scored the same, and I would have to come up with how to break the tie (which is why I suggested perhaps a forum favorite). It seems pretty undecided to me since the scores were so close.
skydereign

Postby NightOfHorror » Tue May 01, 2012 3:15 am

Again, wouldn't the bonus have made a difference? The bonus was meant to be the tiebreaker.
NightOfHorror

Postby skydereign » Tue May 01, 2012 3:41 am

I guess it would have, but the other two judges only gave me two points for the bonus so I didn't really count it.
skydereign

Postby NightOfHorror » Tue May 01, 2012 3:51 am

well, in this tournament, every point counts. Even if you had one bonus point, that still gives you the win.
NightOfHorror

Next

Return to GE - General