Maze Mouse Skill

Post here your demos and examples with the source files.
Forum rules
Always post the games with a screenshot.
The file must have the ged and data files (complete game source)
Use the forum attachment to post the files.
It is always better to use the first post to put the game files

Maze Mouse Skill

Postby MrB » Sun May 23, 2010 8:40 am

MazeVersion2.zip
(1.51 MiB) Downloaded 170 times
OK
A bit of background here. I had an idea for a simple game to help children learn to use the mouse better. I showed it to a class of 9yr olds, and although it was not really aimed at them they enjoyed it, but thought it could be made better. With this gang of 'beta testers' we went through several revisions until we came up with this. I would like to get them to help create a game from scratch, but they are having a hard time realising just how complicated and simple things must be to start of with.

Anyway here is our game, Make a maze.

For 2 players, one person makes the maze by clicking on the bricks, squares or triangles of different rotation. They have 2 minutes to make their maze. When they are done the other player clicks on a character and tries to steer it through the maze with the mouse, if they right click the character will shrink for approximately a second and a half. (incidentally can someone tell me how I can change the properties of a timer once it has been created?)

Let me know what you think, especially if you have children up to the age of about 6. BTW all the characters were drawn on an IWB by children so it really has been a group effort.
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
MrB

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Re: Maze Mouse Skill

Postby Hblade » Sun May 23, 2010 2:20 pm

Cool :D
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Re: Maze Mouse Skill

Postby MrB » Mon May 24, 2010 6:51 pm

Thanks Man

Coming from you that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Already working on the next one, a kind of division learning tool.
MrB

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Return to Game Demos