April Tournament Judge week

Game Editor comments and discussion.

April Tournament Judge week

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:34 pm

As you may know. April's tournament theme was "Pong." Seven contestants joined this tournament and I would like to thank all of them.
-tintran- game link- viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11799&start=30
game name- circular pong
-tim4- game link- viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11799&start=45
game name- Shoot Aliens, Play Pong or S.A.P.P
-HBlade- game link- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11870
game name- Adventure Pong
-NightOfHorror- game link- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11897
game name- Ultimate Pong
(To all questioners out there. I am the host, rule maker, and a contestant, but not a judge!)
-happyjustbecause- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11899
game name- None
-Tzoli- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11900&p=84011#p84011
game name- Just Pong
-skydereign- http://www.mediafire.com/?ydlka8jes5gc50l
game name- xball

Starting on 22nd through 28th, the judging process begins. In this I wanted to show judges exactly how they should judge through examples. I would first like to introduce all of the possible judges,
-master0500-
-SuperSonic-
-skydereign- Master Judge

As mentioned before, here is the grading rubric all judges must use
Theme match- x/10 points
originality- x/10 points
gameplay- x/5 points
graphics- x/5 points
total- x/30 points
bonus- 3D- x/10 points

Since there are three judges at most, the master judge will add up all points to get a combined total of x/90 points and the bonus is x/30 points.
Bonus is a tie breaker. This means it means nothing unless a person is tied with another person.
So if two people have 60 points for overall score, but one has 30 bonus points and the other has 25, the person with the 30 bonus points win, but if one person has sixty points but no bonus points, and the other has 59 and 2 bonus points, that does not mean he has 61 points, the person with sixty points wins since he had a higher total point combined score. In the case of a tie and the bonus doesn't break the tie, the master judge can decide who to pick.

May I now know some of the following things,
- What questions do you have?

skydereign will pm the winner on the 29th and announce the winner to the public on the 30th.

Thank you to all who made this event possible! :D

From,
-NightOfHorror-
Attachments
Judge's gave.jpg
And the Winner IS!
Last edited by NightOfHorror on Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Re: April Tournament Judge week

Postby skydereign » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:52 am

If I am allowed to be master judge and enter, then I am both. I tend to be more critical of my own work but it is up to you. Anyway, here is my entry. I made this sometime in my first year of gE, it was meant for windows mobile. Since NightOfHorror mentioned 3d, I added a little 3d effect to show how easy it is, took about an hour (press 3d), as well as adding some music. There is also a cheat that unlocks all the special abilities, simply type 'unlock'. If you have activated it you can also press x to send the ball flying up. I suggest trying to beat it before cheating (though I'm told it is pretty hard).

Certain paddles have a special ability when you press up, like the default paddle. Left and right to move, and press s to toggle sound.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ydlka8jes5gc50l

I made everything except the music, which was pulled from DST's nosoap radio.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:08 am

okay, you are allowed, so I am so glad you joined sky! :D
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Postby Hblade » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:22 am

I really really like xball. Nice job sky!

Nice job everyone :)
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:41 am

xball was awesome. I liked the graphics and felt that it was a cool game altogether. Nice variation of levels and it felt pretty cool playing that game. One of the nicest Pong games I played. :)
NightOfHorror

Postby tzoli » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:34 am

The game is fun and the ideas are good :D
Creepers are capable of climbing ladders, despite lacking arms. (Minecraft wiki)
tzoli

Score: 15 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:39 am

sky, when you are big grey, in 3d, the ball would only stay as one still when you hit it. Is this occurring to anyone else too?
NightOfHorror

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:51 pm

Today is the final day to judge. All judges, listen to this message. All scores must be in today to the master judge by 11:59.59 P.M. If you even forgot to rate one of the seven games up there, all your scores will not count, so take today's time to play all the games, and make sure you judged it right, or you have the score you think it deserves, or finish up your ratings. Tomorrow, only the winner will get to know they won, and please don't tell anyone if you won, and then the 30th, the master judge will start a new topic, so all sees it, and it will be told, the winner of the April Pong Tournament. :D
NightOfHorror

Postby NightOfHorror » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:25 am

It is officially my 12 and all ratings better be submitted if you want it to count. This was a fun tournament and I can't wait to see results. Thank you to all participants :D .
NightOfHorror

Postby SuperSonic » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:24 pm

It was fun playing all the games and judging. However, I hope I can be a contestant next time :D
A tree never hits an automobile except in self-defence.

Want to use your joystick or controller with Game Editor? Check out my controller engine =D
SuperSonic

Score: 72 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:30 pm

well next week, the May tournament starts and it will be Pacman for sure. You can start now if you want. No time limits until deadline.
NightOfHorror

Postby SuperSonic » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:56 pm

I'll see if I can come up with something :D
A tree never hits an automobile except in self-defence.

Want to use your joystick or controller with Game Editor? Check out my controller engine =D
SuperSonic

Score: 72 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:59 pm

Hope you do. Can't wait to see what happens in May. It will be more professional though :D .
NightOfHorror

Return to GE - General