Export question

Non-platform specific questions.

Export question

Postby RM48 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:31 am

Hello everyone! :D

I'm new here, Recently i've discover game editor and it seems pretty cool.
I'm trying to create a simple hello world program for my windows mobile ( htc hd2 ) but everytime i try to export i olny have ged files instead of exe.
Searching the forum didn't help me, am i missing something? I'm using windows vista.

Thanks in advance!
RM48

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Re: Export question

Postby krenisis » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:53 am

Ok maybe you should check out some tutorials , they are very good here and will help you out alot. To export to windows mobile go to the tab on the top left corner/ click it and it opens up/ click the tab that says export/ now pick pocket pc exacutable/ and there you go a pocket pc game. I have a whole website of games I made from Game Editor, its here www.krenisiswinmobilegamesapps.com check it out and have fun.
Tutorial Database for all beginners click this link
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8680
krenisis

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby RM48 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:06 am

Thanks for the reply! The problem is that, even if i choose pocket pc exe, it exports only ged or undo ( ? ) files.
RM48

Postby makslane » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:59 pm

Make sure select the destination folder where you ant the exported file be saved.
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
If you like Game Editor, make a review!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Postby krenisis » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:48 pm

RM48 wrote:Thanks for the reply! The problem is that, even if i choose pocket pc exe, it exports only ged or undo ( ? ) files.

Ok 1st the GED files dont come from the export , they appear auto-matically. Now I know what the problem is , the pocketpc files are on your computer but you dont know where they are. Ok problem solved do this
go to export
click pocket pc exacutable
where you see the word select click that and choose which folder you want the game in
now click export
BAM the game will be where you choose the file to be
Tutorial Database for all beginners click this link
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8680
krenisis

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby RM48 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:39 am

Ok, i have fix it, now it works! Game editor wasn't 'extracted' good from the zip file, that's why it did'nt export. Thanks anyway! :D
RM48

Postby Game A Gogo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:14 pm

If it's in a zip file, that means GE can only access the GED file through the temporary folders in your windows directory (Unless you use something else :O ) and Game Editor needs both GED file and Data folder (Along with all it's content) to export a game properly. If for some reasons one file is missing of it's reach, it'll ask you to save the GED and Data folder somewhere in order to compile the exported version afterwards
Programming games is an art,
    Respect it.
Game A Gogo

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Return to General