Animation problems

Game Editor comments and discussion.

Animation problems

Postby badchad024 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:24 pm

I have problems with 2 things. First my platform. I decided not to use tiles and just draw out the terrain with paint. I don't know if im doing it wrong or what but im trying to make the terrain go downhill and back up but my character just walks right over it like its not there. I think it has to do with the transparency? Im not sure but here it is: Image. Ok my next is with a running character. The stop right and left and the run left and right work fine. The problem is when i press, say right arrow key, the animation plays right and then if i press left at the same time he goes left and the animation plays run left like it should. (But when i let off of left and keep right held down the animation changes to stop left and he starts moving to the right side of the screen. Is there a key down or key up i can use to just lock him in one spot if both arrow keys are pressed? Thanks!
badchad024

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Re: Animation problems

Postby badchad024 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:36 pm

Forgot to mention that i have already added the gravity effect for my player and tested it out and it works fine.
badchad024

Postby SuperSonic » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:38 pm

I'm not really sure what's wrong with your first problem =/ Make sure that on your collsion-with-ground event, repeat is on :wink:

Also...
badchad024 wrote:Ok my next is with a running character. The stop right and left and the run left and right work fine. The problem is when i press, say right arrow key, the animation plays right and then if i press left at the same time he goes left and the animation plays run left like it should. (But when i let off of left and keep right held down the animation changes to stop left and he starts moving to the right side of the screen. Is there a key down or key up i can use to just lock him in one spot if both arrow keys are pressed? Thanks!

That is more commonly known as moonwalking and is a common problem with many newbs. Here is a tutorial by lcl on how to fix it :D
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10143
A tree never hits an automobile except in self-defence.

Want to use your joystick or controller with Game Editor? Check out my controller engine =D
SuperSonic

Score: 72 Give a positive score

Postby badchad024 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:48 pm

Ok if i place him above that little swag he will fall to the bottom and i can make him climb out but he will not fall past the ground. Idk whats going on with it.
badchad024

Postby badchad024 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:17 am

Solved the platform problem. I messed up with the gravity. Instead of draw actor script editor xvelocity i used create actor :lol:
badchad024

Postby SuperSonic » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:35 am

That would explain it :lol:
A tree never hits an automobile except in self-defence.

Want to use your joystick or controller with Game Editor? Check out my controller engine =D
SuperSonic

Score: 72 Give a positive score

Return to GE - General