Full screen issue

Non-platform specific questions.

Full screen issue

Postby jimmynewguy » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:47 pm

I have a game that is exported in fullscreen. On one computer it fills the whole screen, and on a second it only fills the middle and surrounds the rest with black. I changed the resolution on the second computer to match the first (it was much higher + widescreen)and I still have this problem. Any ideas on how I can fix this? I know that if the second computer is widescreen when I match it to the other, the left and right edges would get cut off, but it doesn't fill the part of the screen that is being used.
Working on a probably too ambitious project! Wild-west-adventure-RPG-shooter-thing.
jimmynewguy

Score: 89 Give a positive score

Re: Full screen issue

Postby Hblade » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:52 pm

This is a glitch in linux, I've reported it before too, what happens is the resolution of the screen doesn't change at all when going full screen. Use Wine and GameEditor.exe :)
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby jimmynewguy » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:55 pm

It's not linux. The first is windows xp, the second is windows 7. I tried running it in compatibility mode for windows xp with no luck either. :(
Working on a probably too ambitious project! Wild-west-adventure-RPG-shooter-thing.
jimmynewguy

Postby Game A Gogo » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:59 pm

most likely it's the resizing method of your monitor. On some video card, you can over-ride those settings.

I also think that the system GE uses will not scale the image to the screen if the resolution is not proportional to the native resolution of the monitor.
Programming games is an art,
    Respect it.
Game A Gogo

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby jimmynewguy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:06 am

My computer has the annoying AMD vision control center. And it's set to fullsreen also, but a lot of the options in darkens out for no reason. I guess I'll keep looking around or messing with it until I can get it to work.
jimmynewguy

Return to General