MY BIGGEST PROBLEM EVER !!!

Non-platform specific questions.

MY BIGGEST PROBLEM EVER !!!

Postby Bee-Ant » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:39 am

Look at this...!!!
I don't like this !!!
I have to try export my game 5-10 times till it exported successfully...how pathetic
Attachments
STOPPEDWORKING.png
Bee-Ant

Score: 210 Give a positive score

Re: MY BIGGEST PROBLEM EVER !!!

Postby Killagram » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:32 am

That looks like Vista. I've had that EXACT same problem with more than one ged file. Exported them on xp, and everything worked fine.

That might be a problem if you don't have a dual boot os or two computers....in that case you'd need someone else to export for you, but that can also be problematic as new errors can show up in exe versions, thus requiring lots and lots of exports to troubleshoot the problem.

You can always create a new partition and install xp on that, i did it, and both xp and vista work fine (it's just irritating to have to tell the computer what to boot to every time you turn it on).

But u know I'm here if you need me.

8)
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it."
-Brian W. Kernighan
Killagram

Score: 5 Give a positive score

Postby Bee-Ant » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:24 pm

Well, i have an old kompie runs on XP. I'll try it later. Umm, it seems you're right. It happen only on my vista, but my old kompie really slow tough :P
Thanx anyway :D
Bee-Ant

Score: 210 Give a positive score

Postby jimmynewguy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:26 pm

if anyone else has this problem just right click on ge and choose run in windows xp thats how i got it to work on my vista comp
Working on a probably too ambitious project! Wild-west-adventure-RPG-shooter-thing.
jimmynewguy

Score: 89 Give a positive score

Return to General