Pocket-pc Phone First problem

Non-platform specific questions.

Re: Pocket-pc Phone First problem

Postby Chai » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:34 am

Dear Makslane:

sorry to reply late because I had some internet connection problem last night.
but I just uploaded images of screen test resolution 800w x 480h this morning
please follow the link below
http://game-editor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7532&p=53025#p53025

best regards,
Chai
Chai

Score: 30 Give a positive score

Postby OmniArts » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:35 pm

Has anyone had any luck in testing out the "phone first" problem as yet?
I am happy to have the application close when a call comes through for the time being, it works for the current game I'm waiting to release as it is just a casual game.
OmniArts

Score: 16 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:44 pm

I'm trying to fix this problem.
The "close when receive events" way I've posted bebore (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7541&p=52939#p52939) is not the right way.
So, I need more time to see what's happen.
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
If you like Game Editor, make a review!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Postby OmniArts » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:20 am

Almost there, Thanks Makslane!

I've put together a report after Testing on Windows Mobile Professional 6.5 The game was running in Full-screen mode.
I am comparing this report to the behaviors of other full screen games in the marketplace.

-------------
1)When a call comes through, the game automatically pauses and the incoming call screen appears, also showing the folder from which you launched the game.
--Instead of showing the folder it should only show the game background with the incoming call section above it, as well as the start menu task bar (running the game in windowed mode allows this)

2)At the bottom of the screen you are then given an option to either continue game or exit.
--by choosing to continue you then need to press continue game twice for it to register, it should only be once, but I don't think this is a major problem.

3)To end the call you still need to exit the game and then end call.
--It brings up the incoming call interface which is necessary, but when you answer the phone it needs to bring up the actual phone interface where you have the ability to end the call.
OmniArts

Postby Chai » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:01 am

Dear Makslane

The new " Pocketpc.bin" it work on QVGA screen like image below.
I use Gigaforce for test it and when we have a call, the phone screen will pop up
and the game will pause. Game will resume when we cancel the call or finish talking.

Image Image

regards,
Chai
Chai

Postby makslane » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:03 pm

OmniArts wrote:When a call comes through, the game automatically pauses and the incoming call screen appears, also showing the folder from which you launched the game.
--Instead of showing the folder it should only show the game background with the incoming call section above it, as well as the start menu task bar (running the game in windowed mode allows this)

In my tests the you can see the incoming call window and, after accept, the interface changes to allow finish the call.

At the bottom of the screen you are then given an option to either continue game or exit.
--by choosing to continue you then need to press continue game twice for it to register, it should only be once, but I don't think this is a major problem.

I've see this behavior here to, but I think is not a problem. When I try to solve this, some other important things stop works!

To end the call you still need to exit the game and then end call.
--It brings up the incoming call interface which is necessary, but when you answer the phone it needs to bring up the actual phone interface where you have the ability to end the call.

I can see the problem here too. I will try to solve....
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
makslane
Site Admin

Postby makslane » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:05 pm

Chai wrote:The new " Pocketpc.bin" it work on QVGA screen like image below.
I use Gigaforce for test it and when we have a call, the phone screen will pop up
and the game will pause. Game will resume when we cancel the call or finish talking.

Thanks!
makslane
Site Admin

Postby OmniArts » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:57 pm

In Windows Mobile 6.1 it works great! the call interface appears after you answer the phone.

When using 6.5 emulator image there seems to be an error, it doesn't even recognize that I've answered a call, but yesterday it did.

Chai do you have an actual WM 6.5 phone to test it on?
I think it might just be an error with the emulator image as I dont see why 6.1 and 6.5 would behave differently in terms of an incoming call.
OmniArts

Postby krenisis » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:35 pm

ok makslane i see what ur saying but i read the rules carefully and i understand what microsoft is looking for.If u code something just a hello world program in pelles c compiler ,u see had that functions and mimic that.iam not near a computer now but i when i am i upload a program using pelles c so u can see how it runs.Or if u have microsoft visual basic export a pocket pc program it should run same way.Just to clarify before people ask GAMEEDITOR is very object oriented compiler the others that i mentioned are not!!!they are difficult to use ,they have been known to place people in a mental hospital.I only mentioned them because of the way they export.Makslane is one of the few that survived visual basic and stayed sane.ok i post the file later hopefully u can test it out.
Tutorial Database for all beginners click this link
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8680
krenisis

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:58 pm

Just one note: I´m not a VB guy, but a C/C++ guy :-)

krenisis wrote:ok makslane i see what ur saying but i read the rules carefully and i understand what microsoft is looking for.If u code something just a hello world program in pelles c compiler ,u see had that functions and mimic that.iam not near a computer now but i when i am i upload a program using pelles c so u can see how it runs.Or if u have microsoft visual basic export a pocket pc program it should run same way.Just to clarify before people ask GAMEEDITOR is very object oriented compiler the others that i mentioned are not!!!they are difficult to use ,they have been known to place people in a mental hospital.I only mentioned them because of the way they export.Makslane is one of the few that survived visual basic and stayed sane.ok i post the file later hopefully u can test it out.
makslane
Site Admin

Postby makslane » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:59 pm

I've tested on a Windows Mobile 5 smartphone.
Is better to test on a real 6.5 device, not on the emulator.

OmniArts wrote:In Windows Mobile 6.1 it works great! the call interface appears after you answer the phone.

When using 6.5 emulator image there seems to be an error, it doesn't even recognize that I've answered a call, but yesterday it did.

Chai do you have an actual WM 6.5 phone to test it on?
I think it might just be an error with the emulator image as I dont see why 6.1 and 6.5 would behave differently in terms of an incoming call.
makslane
Site Admin

Postby OmniArts » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:18 pm

welcome to the thread krenisis, we always value your opinions :) and like always we look forward to your numerous sample files...

I've tested on a Windows Mobile 5 smartphone.
Is better to test on a real 6.5 device, not on the emulator.

I'll get this tested n a 6.5 device asap.
I think judging by the way it ran on a real 6.1 Device it wont be a problem, if i cant get hold of my "6.5" tester I'm just gonna send it in.
Thanks alot for working this problem out!
OmniArts

Postby krenisis » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:40 am

ok guys here it is this is what microsoft wants when u click on hello world program u notice
1)on top part of screen on left side is vista bar where u can go to any program u want while app is going
2)make a call app stays there no wierd stuff
3)this file has auto-scale can fit any resolution
ok everyone download this now thats an order!!!!!! hahaha just kidding check it out thou ok that means any resolution this is compatible hahahaha whats that mean omniarts
Attachments
hello world.zip
(16.84 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Tutorial Database for all beginners click this link
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8680
krenisis

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby OmniArts » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:13 am

yeah i see what you mean, but i don't think the auto scale can be configured for GE, right Makslane?
Are you certain the task bar is required Krenisis?
OmniArts

Postby Chai » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:23 am

Dear: Makslane
240h x 320w2 is work please follow images below
First open game as usual, when the call come will pop up call screen
Image Image

accept the phone call, screen will change to phone screen, When finish and close phone screen
will return to game page.
ImageImage

640h x480 w is work when have a call, Phone application will fully show over screen, like images below.
Image Image

800h x 480w device isn't work,
When have a call game screen and phone screen on and off all time until caller hangup
Phone screen will appear after caller hang the phone.

Best regards,
CHAI

Dear: OmniArts
I haven't had actual WM 6.5 phone for test it.
Regards,
CHAI
Chai

PreviousNext

Return to General