Another few questions

Non-platform specific questions.

Another few questions

Postby LucasA33 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:17 pm

How do you make a player jump...
How do you shoot?
How do you make the animation pause? For example, when I place a animation in... The animation keeps going... Showing the running animation, when its not running...
How do you collied?
LucasA33

Location: Science, Technology, Computers, Programming, and Robotics.
Score: 1 Give a positive score

Re: Another few questions

Postby skydereign » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:14 am

Okay, I answered the projectile question on another of your topics.
To add a collision, I believe you are talking about standing on a platform, you add a collision event.
You choose the collision on your floor actor. Select physical response, set the bottom two choices to 0. Select add, then immediate action.

To jump, assuming you want a limited number of jumps, you need to set a variable that will go down. The variable should be reset when you hit the ground, collision event.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6247
The second attachment is a demo on this.

For the animation pause, it depends where you want to do this. On the event use the Change Animation Direction, choose your animation and choose on the second choice, stopped, then add.

I believe that was all, if you have any questions just ask.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby LucasA33 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:19 pm

skydereign wrote:Okay, I answered the projectile question on another of your topics.
To add a collision, I believe you are talking about standing on a platform, you add a collision event.
You choose the collision on your floor actor. Select physical response, set the bottom two choices to 0. Select add, then immediate action.

To jump, assuming you want a limited number of jumps, you need to set a variable that will go down. The variable should be reset when you hit the ground, collision event.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6247
The second attachment is a demo on this.

For the animation pause, it depends where you want to do this. On the event use the Change Animation Direction, choose your animation and choose on the second choice, stopped, then add.

I believe that was all, if you have any questions just ask.

Can I ask you a favor? Can you make the code so you can jump only once, and It works for Megaman?
LucasA33

Location: Science, Technology, Computers, Programming, and Robotics.
Score: 1 Give a positive score

Postby skydereign » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:36 am

Can you do the sprites? Or do you want my help with that too? Because here it is without sprites.
Attachments
megaman.zip
(2.2 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Return to General