Apple FAQ: iPad, iPhone, iPod, Mac HOWTO

Mac specific questions and discussion

Re: Apple FAQ: iPad, iPhone, iPod, Mac HOWTO

Postby akr » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:30 pm

Current resolution supported is either 480x320 or 320x480. Check it with geplayer.

If you have a chance to condsider retina for future do so.
Co-Developer of GE engine

If u are interrested in new features of apple or android ge engines check the engine support website game-editor.net regulary.
akr

Score: 40 Give a positive score

Postby akr » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:31 pm

aureta wrote:Hi., I download succeful your Geplayer aplication for Ipad,Iphone and Ipod...

I developed an aplication for ipad in game editor and export for ipad (dat file)
I do all step, and my application run in ipad, but in a litlle windows similar a Ipod touch,
how do full screen in ipad for Geplayer

Arturo

What resolution did you export?

If u are interrested in new features of apple or android ge engines check the engine support website game-editor.net regulary.
akr

Postby Kalladdolf » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:44 pm

akr wrote:If you have a chance to condsider retina for future do so.

You mean changing it manually in xcode? Or an upcoming update to GE player?
The thing is: If I start implementing the graphics in a 320x480 resolution, it will take a whole restructuring/rebuilding process to implement retina, which I would like to do right away, since there's tons of people on the appstore complaining when a game does not support retina.
Kalladdolf

Score: 120 Give a positive score

Postby akr » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:00 am

I will have a look at Retina and let u know. Check also my website. Will post if I decide to support.

Right now need to get iAds to work. The current iOS4.2.1 is crappy with sound. This delays all investigations.

akr

Postby akr » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:38 am

News:

geapp with iAds in portrait mode now available! You can earn additional money either with

o Ads showing up in your app
o Apps getting clicked in your app.

You will make money even if your app gets copied!!!!!!

Furthermore the appstore service fee has been decreased dramatically from $79 down to $25.

akr

Postby Game A Gogo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:38 pm

this sounds promissing!
Programming games is an art,
    Respect it.
Game A Gogo

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby Kodo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:15 pm

Possibly a daft question, but how do people get geapp, or do you send it out to Express license holders automatically?
Inogames: http://www.inogames.com iOS gaming
Firetop Adventure (app store): http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/firetop- ... ?mt=8&ls=1
Kodo

Score: 23 Give a positive score

Postby Chai » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:02 am

Dear Akr:

Could you please give me more details
how I can apply iAd to Geapp?

What do I need to do?

Chai
Chai

Score: 30 Give a positive score

Postby akr » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:51 pm

Alexandre is currently testing the new geapp. My tests were ok. Lets wait if Alexandres application will get approved by apple.
iAds seems to work. But its with 4.2.1. Every new SDK brings new surprises. They release new SDKs faster than I can download.
As soon as we get the app approved the new geapp will appear on my website. Alexandre submitted on friday.

akr

Postby sonicfire » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:11 pm

akr wrote:Alexandre is currently testing the new geapp. My tests were ok. Lets wait if Alexandres application will get approved by apple.
iAds seems to work. But its with 4.2.1. Every new SDK brings new surprises. They release new SDKs faster than I can download.
As soon as we get the app approved the new geapp will appear on my website. Alexandre submitted on friday.

any news on this ? :)
sonicfire

Score: 16 Give a positive score

Postby needaname » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:31 am

so ive read and read, and havent found an answer (or at least not one that I knew was an answer) on how to get, build, and use, the geplayer. my friend said i could borrow his ipodtouch to try making games for it, and currently all i want to do is be able to play my .dat files. I know geplayer is the tool to use, and that it is supposed to come with ge, but thats about it. I think the tutorials i have seen are all for making your games for the store. help please (i have xcode)
needaname

Score: 4 Give a positive score

Postby akr » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:05 am

akr

Postby akr » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:06 am

sonicfire wrote:
akr wrote:Alexandre is currently testing the new geapp. My tests were ok. Lets wait if Alexandres application will get approved by apple.

any news on this ? :)

No we are still fighting with some side effects. iAds not yet mature.

akr

Postby needaname » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:53 am

I cant buy things using his device, the one major condition in my borrowing it, and i dont want to buy something that wont actually be mine. also, its good practice to get through xcode. ok, so now i need to build it for the ipodtouch, right? I tried to build it, and it gave 2 errors and 2 warnings

error. There is no SDK with the name or path 'iphone3.1.2'
Code Sign error: The identity 'iPhone Developer' doesn't match any valid certificate/private key pair in the default keychain
warning: Build setting "iOS Deployment Target" should not be empty (current IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET = "").
warning: all apps should include an armv7 architecture (current ARCHS = "armv6").

I managed to get rid of the first error when i was messin around. but i stopped and didnt save anything, so still need help on that one. the second one has to do with my developer profile i think. but i tried setting it up automatically, but when i set up my device, it says i'm not on any iphone dev teams. and it doesnt let me finish.
needaname

Score: 4 Give a positive score

Postby sonicfire » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:07 am

needaname wrote:I cant buy things using his device, the one major condition in my borrowing it, and i dont want to buy something that wont actually be mine. also, its good practice to get through xcode. ok, so now i need to build it for the ipodtouch, right? I tried to build it, and it gave 2 errors and 2 warnings

error. There is no SDK with the name or path 'iphone3.1.2'
Code Sign error: The identity 'iPhone Developer' doesn't match any valid certificate/private key pair in the default keychain
warning: Build setting "iOS Deployment Target" should not be empty (current IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET = "").
warning: all apps should include an armv7 architecture (current ARCHS = "armv6").

I managed to get rid of the first error when i was messin around. but i stopped and didnt save anything, so still need help on that one. the second one has to do with my developer profile i think. but i tried setting it up automatically, but when i set up my device, it says i'm not on any iphone dev teams. and it doesnt let me finish.

Make sure to follow this nice tutorial here:
http://game-editor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8945
this has helped me a lot.
sonicfire

Score: 16 Give a positive score

PreviousNext

Return to Mac