ReQuesting Scale and Rotation Tutorials so we can make 3D ef

Ideas for Game Editor evolution.

ReQuesting Scale and Rotation Tutorials so we can make 3D ef

Postby krenisis » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:14 pm

Ok can we please have scale and rotation tutorial step by step. That way we can make some of 3D effect ,because I honestly I dont see 3D Game Editor comming. I know it can be done and ray-casting is way to complecated. I started working on 3D myslef but image manipulation goes but so far. Can anyone who made a Ged using scaling and rotation please post it in this forum thank you.

I will post this GED once its more complete and have the rotation done,which iam figuring out now.
Attachments
3D Racer 2.jpg
3D Racer 1.jpg
Tutorial Database for all beginners click this link
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8680
krenisis

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Re: ReQuesting Scale and Rotation Tutorials so we can make 3

Postby Turon » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:58 am

Now this is not possible because game editor is a 2D software. Imagine that the earth were to be sliced into a thin gigantic flat circle about as thick as a coin...because of this you can never really get behind a object. I have attempted making 3D games before, but using a command to go up is no an option because you are always going to be on top of the object not behind. There is a way out of this though, because Game Editor is an open source software. You can edit the program itself by downloading the GE sores code but you need a a proper scripting software like Python to edit the source code. You know I am a beginner so this is only what I know, hope it works :D
-Edit-
Back then I didn't understand what 3D really men't and was silly me!
Last edited by Turon on Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Re: ReQuesting Scale and Rotation Tutorials so we can make 3

Postby Turon » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:38 pm

This was just one of the stupidest things I said on GE! :(
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Return to Feature Requests