Game Editor Tutorial Competition

Game Editor comments and discussion.

Game Editor Tutorial Competition

Postby akr » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:44 am

Contribute to improve GE! We will reward u with a free GE Express license for 30 and more points!

**** Prio 1: Rework the current tutorials - let us know whats running and what not - create new GE native tutorials *****

One of the most important things to get a fast learning curve with GE are the tutorials.
So we decided to improve the current tutorials, remove any bugs and let the community
do new tutorials.
We also saw that there are several tutorials made in the forum. For that purpose we open
now the door to do new tutorials in the native GE format. Theses can then being run
with GE and shipped with a GE edition.

For this purpose we will continue to deliver a special GE editor version. Currently there are
two versions supporting the creation of tutorials. If u are interested to do this send me a
private note and we will give u access to these GE versions. Basically I talk about the
Mac OSX Beta. It contains GE for windows and Mac OSX as debug edition. Debug editions
do support tutorial creation. If u have already Beta access your can start right now.

Thinks to know when creating a tutorial:
a) U need to be a experienced and advanced GE user
b) Tutorials can be created on existing ones. Pause the current tutorial and you will notice a "Rec" option in the menue.
c) Tutorials are saved with the name "tutorial.gedt". Will show up in your current directory. So choose help/"demo making of" to set this as curr dir.
d) Delete tutorial file to start from scratch.
e) Tutorials might stop working when GUI changes. We will avoid this as much as possible.
f) Keys are:

F4 - Start Recording,
F5 - Tutorialpaint start (was F6 on older builds)
F6 - Tutorialpaint start & TutorialTextEditor start. Put a "newline" after your text to get recognized. (was F9 on older builds)
F7 - Tutorialpaint stop
F8 - Stop Recording and save as "tutorial.gedt",

ENJOY!!!

Andreas
Co-Developer of GE engine

If u are interrested in new features of apple or android ge engines check the engine support website game-editor.net regulary.
akr

Score: 40 Give a positive score

Re: Game Editor Tutorial Competition

Postby jimmynewguy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:55 pm

I'd make one, but i don't have "GE 1.40" or whatever its called now :P

Oh and this whole thing confused me on a few things.
1) So iphone games can be made with the new GE, even on PC's?
2) Ipod touches, can they play these games?
3) What happens when iphone 4 comes out the 25th (i think that's the right date...)

So i guess all wait for your reply and maybe get my hands on the new GE..? Well either way; great news and glad to have you around our forum :) (which i have not been on in a LONG time..so hi everyone!)
Working on a probably too ambitious project! Wild-west-adventure-RPG-shooter-thing.
jimmynewguy

Score: 89 Give a positive score

Postby akr » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:16 pm

jimmynewguy wrote:I'd make one, but i don't have "GE 1.40" or whatever its called now :P

Oh and this whole thing confused me on a few things.
1) So iphone games can be made with the new GE, even on PC's?
2) Ipod touches, can they play these games?
3) What happens when iphone 4 comes out the 25th (i think that's the right date...)

So i guess all wait for your reply and maybe get my hands on the new GE..? Well either way; great news and glad to have you around our forum :) (which i have not been on in a LONG time..so hi everyone!)

1) Yes. You can make iphone games even on PC. We will install geplayer on your iphone via adhoc distribution.
2) yes
3) Have u ever tried iphone 4? Lemme know! I suppose we have to do games for the new resolution. Thats it. See no issues.

andreas

If u are interrested in new features of apple or android ge engines check the engine support website game-editor.net regulary.
akr

Postby Hblade » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:25 pm

I'll make one :D
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby Hblade » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:44 pm

Here ya go :3
The Basics.zip
(36.33 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby akr » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:49 pm

Hblade, very nice. Thanks a lot! I These are so valuable!

akr

Postby harrio » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:49 pm

hello,

i'm not an experienced or advanced ge user 'yet' so i suppose i may need a tutorial on how to do tutorials...lol. i was going to use an external screen recorder, but i guess you don't want us to do that. but instead, use the internal recorder.

any takers.
harrio

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Postby akr » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:28 am

harrio wrote:hello,

i'm not an experienced or advanced ge user 'yet' so i suppose i may need a tutorial on how to do tutorials...lol. i was going to use an external screen recorder, but i guess you don't want us to do that. but instead, use the internal recorder.

any takers.

Harrio, yes. Would be great if u use the internal recorder instead of external ones. All internal tutorials were done like this.
andreas

akr

Return to GE - General