textNumbers keeping values between activation regions

Game Editor comments and discussion.

textNumbers keeping values between activation regions

Postby J Maker » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:22 am

does anybody know of a way to have cloned textNumbers to keep their value between activation regions? im making an inventory/store where u can buy upgrades and the textNumbers represent money and lives. when the view leaves the activation region and moves back, the text numbers reset.
Some people believe Chuck Norris evolved from a dinosaur, the Chucknorisaurus.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't sleep, he waits.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't hunt, he kills.
Chuck Norris once shot down a german fighter plane with his finger by yelling BANG!!!
J Maker

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Re: textNumbers keeping values between activation regions

Postby skydereign » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:33 am

Set variable counterparts to the textNumber. Really you should do this anyways, as using textNumbers can create problems, like this. What you should do is have a text actor display a variable, that way it is not dependent on the actor. So instead of having a text actor number signify money, you should create a variable money and have the text actor's number equal that.
Code: Select all
textNumber=money;
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Re: textNumbers keeping values between activation regions

Postby J Maker » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:00 pm

oh! duh, why didn't i think of that before and yeah, ur right. i've had a couple of problems w/ textNumbers but never anything that i couldnt fix but this one stumped me. thx for the help :D
Some people believe Chuck Norris evolved from a dinosaur, the Chucknorisaurus.
Chuck Norris doesn't sleep, he waits.
Chuck Norris doesn't hunt, he kills.
Chuck Norris once shot down a german fighter plane with his finger by yelling BANG!!!
J Maker

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Return to GE - General